I. Information about the position
Name of position: Communication officer
Duty station: Chisinau, Moldova
Length of employment Permanent
Direct superior: Country Director
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization based in Prague that implements development cooperation projects in 15 countries across the world (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa).
We have been working in Moldova since 2004. Over the years, we implemented 34 development cooperation projects in home and social care, small business development, civil society development, agriculture, lively hoods support and inclusion areas.
Our strategic objectives are focused on the following priority intervention sectors: civil society development, inclusive social development, primary healthcare support, innovation and waste/water management. CCR seeks to expand also to other sectors.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, and in cooperation with Project Managers has the following key responsibilities:
- Provide strategic advice on the communication and visibility activities and plans of CCR in Moldova
- Ensure overall visibility of the mission in Moldova in cooperation with the communication team
- Design and implement communication annual and monthly work plan
- Contribute to the elaboration, implementation and continuously monitor a communication and visibility plan
- Ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of CCR in the field of communication and visibility
- Co-manage the web page and social media platforms of the Mission, track media coverage and identify new channels
- Prepare and update periodic projects fact sheets and news about the projects’ most important achievements, and communication materials and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts, photos, articles, newsletters etc.)
- Engage with the Country Director and Project managers to collect regular updates, communication materials and develop success stories
- Collaborate with internal team and field staff in creation of communication content and maintain open communication with management
- Closely cooperate with HQ communication team to ensure smooth and sufficient flow of communication materials from the mission to HQ
- Implement Foreign Agenda Communication strategy in liaison with HQ requirements and in cooperation with HQ Editor of Foreign Topics and Copywriter
- Create and maintain close relationship with the media, offer regular updates on the CCR projects
- Undertake any other related tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Studies in communication sciences or related field;
- Previous professional experience at least 3 years;
- Written and spoken proficiency in English, Romanian, and Russian;
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of and experience with word processors (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), Outlook. Previous experience in SharePoint is an asset;
- Good organizational skills and ability to analyze information;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
VI. How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume.
Please write “Communication officer in the Subject line of the email. Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_first name_ Communication officer _CV
Last name of applicant_first name_ Communication officer _Cover letter
The deadline for submission is 25 September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline. CCR reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de consilier/ă juridic/ă, Direcția avizare juridică și contencios
- UNFPA Communication Manager Youth Programmes, Chisinau, Moldova (Service Contract, SB4.3)
- UNWFP Moldova: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant SC5 (2 roles) based in Chisinau
- Logistics Officer Moldova
- Caritas Moldova is hiring Communications Officer
- Call for expression of interest: Assistant (male or female) of the EU High Level Adviser on Financial Services
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project - 13507
- IREX Moldova/Comunitatea Mea program vacancy - Procurement and Grants Officer (extended deadline)
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- Termen extins pentru selectarea unui expert sau a unei companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici