The Supply Assistant provides support to all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, assets & fleet management and monitoring within the area of responsibility (AoR).
The incumbent is supervised by a higher level supply position and receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on successive steps. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor on more complex issues. The incumbent may have contacts on a working level on specific issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
- In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
- Support warehouse management, assist the process of the custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, assist with goods & services deliveries and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
- Assist in the preparation of purchase requests.
- Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders, and prepare purchase orders for approval as per instructions of senior Supply staff or other line managers.
- Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
- Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
- Identify and assess vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases.
- Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems. Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Ensure local liaison to effectively support the supply activities.
- Assist in the management of the storage of goods according to "best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations;
- Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements and disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G4 - 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All jobs at UNHCR require six core competencies and may also require managerial competencies and/or cross-functional competencies. The six core competencies are listed below.
Accountability, Communication, Organizational Awareness, Teamwork & Collaboration, Commitment to Continuous Learning , Client & Result Orientation
Analytical Thinking, Planning and Organizing, Technological Awareness
Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. We work with skilled professionals who are committed to put people first, make a real difference to people’s lives and are willing to go anywhere we are needed to get the job done. Women, persons with disabilities, persons from ethnic, linguistic, race, and religious minorities or other under-represented groups, refugees , and other individuals legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova are encouraged to apply.
Knowledge of English and Romanian languages is essential.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
Interested candidates are kindly asked to submit a CV at email@example.com