The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Communication Officer within its project “Strengthening the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Mechanisms in the Republic of Moldova”.
The Communication Officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring visibility of the project, focusing on its objectives and achievements and taking into account the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and European Union’s visibility requirements;
- Further developing and implementing the concept for communicating project-related information;
- Systematic planning and management of communication activities;
- Advising project partners (e.g. National Anti-Corruption Center (NAC), National Integrity Authority (ANI), civil society organizations) as well as team members on their communication work;
- Coordinating cooperation with external communication service providers (e.g. appraisers, agencies, photographers, trainers, copywriters);
- Assuring the quality of pools of appraisers, service providers (text, printers, graphic designers, proof-readers, lithography etc.).
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations; or equivalent proven professional work experience in the communication area;
- At least 3-5 years proven track record in communication within public institutions or international development cooperation (alternatively, 3-5 years proven track record in journalism covering topics of public institutions and/or corruption and/or international development cooperation);
- Working experience with EU institutions or EU-financed projects would be a strong asset;
- Full professional working proficiency of written and oral English, Romanian & Russian; knowledge of German would be an asset;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other);
- Excellent knowledge of social media;
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials, the EU delegation and other GIZ partners;
- Able to work autonomously and on his/her own initiative while reporting regularly to the Project Manager;
- Be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Mature initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility;
- Excellent planner and implementer, capable of withstanding pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Ability to interpret, translate in small groups or at small meetings desirable;
- Willing and able to travel inside and outside the country for event support, when needed;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 09th of March 2021, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.