Title: Project Coordinator on Gender Equality
Call to Action:
- Are you passionate about gender equality?
- Are you a talented project manager who continuously strives to improve business processes?
- Are you a solution-oriented person capable to produce high-level results in a short-period of time?
- Are you a team player capable of working with colleagues of widely diverse backgrounds?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing the Country Programme 2018 - 2022 which is aligned with the Republic of Moldova–United Nations Partnership Framework for Sustainable Development 2018–2022 and the UNFPA Global Strategic Plan 2018 – 2021.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Project Coordinator on Gender Equality contributes to the effective and efficient implementation of UNFPA interventions of the “EU4Gender Equality: Together against gender stereotypes and gender-based violence" programme, in close collaboration with UN Women Country Office.
This project will particularly work at the local and community level, with focus on two regions (Falesti and Straseni), with government bodies, civil society organizations, different non-traditional partners and other United Nations agencies and multilateral organizations. It is led jointly by UNFPA and UN Women at the regional and national levels, which are globally recognized as leading agencies in the area of gender equality and the prevention of harmful practices against women and girls.
The programme is aimed at achieving the following outputs: 1) Increased awareness of country-specific norms and stereotypes: the public is more aware of rights to reduce the impact of stereotypes and change the roles of men; 2) Actions taken and behaviors changed in key areas by targeted audiences and decision-makers to improve equality of opportunities and realization of women’s rights, including their employment opportunities and women; 3) Targeted citizens, governments, medical providers and professionals are aware of the benefits of involving men in prenatal check-ups and in fathers’ groups, and put the new skills to use; 4) Men are engaged in prenatal services and Papa groups in order to involve them in their caretaking responsibilities, and advocate for gender transformative approaches related to parental leave; 5) Evidence-based violence prevention programmes for perpetrators used in EU Member States and other prevention programmes for perpetrators are being piloted.
Project Coordinator on Gender Equality will be leading day-to-day management, including financial and administrative coordination of the project. The primary responsibility of the project coordinator is to ensure that the project produces the results specified in the project documents, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
In implementing this project, Project Coordinator on Gender Equality will work under direct supervision of the UNFPA Representative and in close coordination with UN Women Country Office in Moldova while ensuring full engagement of Programme Manager at EECA region level, Delegation of the European Union in Moldova, Ministry of Health, Labour and Social Protection and the Ministry of Education Culture and Research of RM. The project coordinator should ensure alignment of the project activities with UNFPA strategic work at national level and EU requirements as per signed agreement.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent of five years’ University Degree in education, public health, public management, population studies, law, and/or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of projects and programmes and/or working in project related area;
- Previous experience in social or public policy, with focus on gender equality and prevention of gender based violence, would be a distinct advantage;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for an NGO, governmental institution or donor organization;
- Previous experience in working in EU projects would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team, strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
UNFPA is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 29 July 2020.