UNICEF Moldova is seeking the support of a Construction Engineer, who will be responsible for planning, management, monitoring and reporting on construction-related activities by the Country Office, specifically the renovation, construction, refurbishment, rehabilitation works in one pre-school facility in Cahul and two facilities in Ungheni, and providing technical support on managing construction and rehabilitation activities.
Qualifications and experience:
- A university degree is required in civil engineering, construction engineering, architecture or other relevant area;
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience, at the national and/or international levels, in project monitoring, site supervision, quality assurance and/or other directly related technical fields is required;
- Previous experience in designing and supervising renovation and construction in the frame of UN/EU funded projects is an advantage;
- Understanding of the UN rules and regulations;
- Fluency in oral and written Romanian and Russian is required;
- Knowledge of English is a distinct advantage.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/moldova/en/career-opportunities
Applications for this position must be received no later than on 26 June 2020.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply and become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.