The project ”Technical Assistance to support CSOs development in the R. Moldova”, financed by EU Delegation to the R. Moldova and implemented by a consortium led by KMOP Greece (EuropeAid/138197/DH/SER/MD-Relaunch), is hiring 1 (one) Junior non-key expert (JNKE) for supporting Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in delivering of a two-day workshop on advocacy, lobbying, and communication methods and tools in CSOs activities.
Activity 2.1 Institutional capacity development of local CSOs / Sub-activity 126.96.36.199 2. Advocacy, lobbying, and communication in CSOs activity with local authorities
The overall objective of the Technical Assistance (TA) contract is to contribute to the development of civil society in becoming a stronger actor, including in actively participating in decision and policy-making and implementation processes of the European Union (EU)-Moldova Association Agreement to enhance domestic accountability and transparency.
Within the purposes of the TA contract, relevant for the present assignment, are:
- Technical assistance to EU grant beneficiaries to implement EU funded projects and to comply with EU rules and procedures and,
- Monitoring of grant achievements under the Civil Society Facility.
The main purpose of the actions financed within the grant scheme under the Civil Society Facility is the provision of financial support to third parties. The Call for Proposals was designed in such a way as to allow small, grassroots organisations to cooperate with larger, well-established applicants through the mechanism of financial support to third parties. Grassroots and smaller organisations cannot often apply directly for EU funding, so the arrangements under the Call gave them access to EU funds, as sub-grantees.
The consultant is expected to deliver a two-day training workshop on advocacy, lobbying, and communication methods and tools in CSOs activity to facilitate a more active role of the CSOs in policy and decision-making.
The training program should be designed for the local, regional and rural CSOs in the Republic of Moldova.
The overall objective of the training and networking event is to enhance the knowledge and skills of local CSOs to better address the needs of their target groups and to become a stronger actor in policy-making and dialogue at local and national levels. It will contribute to CSOs gaining the opportunity to upgrade their services/programs, effectiveness, and sustainability.
The main tasks or the assignment are:
- To develop the training programme based on the needs of the target organizations in consultation with the project team; based on a clear theoretical, normative, and methodological framework, which respond to local needs, thus ensuring the sustainability of the competencies formed.
- To deliver the two-day training workshop for the target CSOs in a manner that facilitates the development of the practical skills necessary for the effective operations of the grass-root CSOs in the Republic of Moldova and capitalizing on the best practice achieved and sharing of experience;
- To draw up the report of the training based on the set objectives.
- To systematise and present the FAQs (Frequently asked questions and answers).
The training may cover the following topics:
- The concept of lobby and advocacy; essentials of lobby and advocacy;
- Formulation of causes and elaboration of justifications (community needs assessment, national and international documents, local authorities pre-election statement, etc.);
- Development of effective lobbying and advocacy and PR strategies;
- Practical exercises on the formulation of a cause, planning for an advocacy & lobbying campaign.
Deliverables for CSOs:
At the level of knowledge and understanding, CSOs will be able:
- To understand and reflect on the concept of advocacy, lobbying, and communication, particularly its desired outcomes and the factors that contribute to civil society’s success with advocacy & lobbying initiatives;
- To enhance knowledge, skills, and ability in carrying out advocacy, lobbying, and communication activities.
- To broaden understanding of the tools and processes of institutional advocacy;
- To develop a framework for carrying out advocacy learning in collaboration with other partners and main stakeholders like the local authorities, regional authorities, and central-level authorities.
At the application level, CSOs will be able:
- To manage advocacy, lobby and communication work and have the confidence to carry it forward;
- Planning and implementation of advocacy/ lobbying tools in campaigns and causes on local/ regional/ rural levels.
- To apply the knowledge acquired on advocacy, lobby, and communication tools and channels for supporting causes, appreciated/needed by their communities.
- To use the training materials as a ready reference guide and adapt them to the local context.
Minimum selection criteria:
- University degree or equivalent higher education degree in a relevant field for the assignment (Economics and Finance, Law, Social Science, Communication, Marketing, Political Science, Education or related field) or at least five (5) years of equivalent professional experience above the minimum requirement below;
- At least three (3) years of work experience in his/her area of expertise and relevant to the required task;
- At least three (3) years progressive work experience in the field of civil society capacity development, including advocacy, lobbying for local and national causes and addressing community needs to the public authorities;
- Proven skill in organizing and elaboration of workshops/ training programmes;
- Previous similar work experience with local CSOs will be an asset.
- Previous work experience in EU funded projects in ENI East countries, including the Republic of Moldova, is an asset.
Competences – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Results-driven and initiative-taking behaviour;
- Able to work autonomously; respect the required confidentiality and ethical rules, and communicate effectively with different stakeholders;
- Proven ability to produce quality outputs and keep deadlines;
- Proven communication and presentation skills;
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is an asset
- Good command of the Romanian and Russian languages is compulsory;
- Computer literacy, especially Word and Excel;
- Willing to travel to the different project sites in Moldova;
Input in working days:
6 working days all spent in Moldova (Chisinau and outside Chisinau), which will be split as follows: 3 working days for preparation of the training program, 2 working days for delivery of training session, 1 working day for reporting.
Estimated timing: June - August 2020
Deadline for application: Thursday, 11th of June 2020
Please send your CV in EuropeAid format to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org