Tekwill has been designed as a national public-private partnership between the Government of Moldova, USAID, Microsoft, and IBM to answer the needs of the ICT industry to close the gap of the human capital shortage, as well as support the development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem. The initial goal of the projects to contribute to the extension of the Tekwill project as a sustainable network and deploy its programs on a regional/national level. The project aims at determining the operation mode of the network, determining business plans for the relevant created centers or partners in the regions, deploy scalable activities to connect an estimated of 150,000 people to ICT (school and university students, community, etc), deploy entrepreneurship programs aiming at both scaling up existing programs, as well as create inclusive innovation platforms for the regions with their respective specifics and potential to absorb/apply ICT. We envision a minimum 10,000 beneficiaries/year for each direction (education and entrepreneurship) As a result of the project, 2 main outcomes of the project are expected: more and better-qualified skills and the workforce developed leading to a stronger ICT industry in Moldova, as well as creating the premises for a Startup Moldova program driving opportunities for companies seeking capitalization.
Startup Moldova intents to boost economic growth in Moldova, by providing employment through innovation, increasing the use of ICT and digital, support cross-sector collaboration and retain or create new jobs that are less likely to be outsourced. Startup Moldova ensures infrastructure and programs that are in place to support digitalization and startup mindset to create a high standard of living for all.
- offer an insight into the startup ecosystem of Moldova
- provide startups with funding opportunities
- offer support, legal and fiscal information to startups and investors
- give useful resources
- link Moldova’s Startup Ecosystem with global opportunities (startup competitions, accelerators, funding organizations, etc.)
The FinTech Expert will be responsible to provide expertise and management to innovative potential projects, bring actors together, develop roadmaps, and support fintech initiatives from an early stage.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, vision, and provide overall technical and strategic direction for the implementation of all projects and programs components
- Ensure that all proposed program objectives and targets are achieved in a timely manner
- Ensure timely delivery of quality final products
- Manage and interact with Fintech community and Fintech Companies to best match their needs and ideas
- Identify key partnerships
- Work on behalf of the community to present joint/new/existing projects and ideas
- Oversee the development of program implementation plans, performance monitoring plans, and all required reports
- Maintain coordination and collaborate with ICT Excellence Center project implementing partners, and other donors and investors involved in ICT sector development in Moldova, to coordinate efforts and share results.
- Participate as a member of the tender evaluation committee for selection of vendors and recipients where required if applicable
- Oversee programming and funding of interventions.
Specific Roles, Responsibilities, and Functions applicable to the SOW of Senior Project Coordinator
- Oversee FinTech activities and ideas coming from the community and private sector.
- Assist the FinTech community with expertise and connection between different actors and stakeholders in the field.
- Supervise and manage the implementation of all activities planned, scheduled and approved, including, but not limited to, drafting of Scopes of Work, drafting of RFPs, guiding and directing the work of consultants, implementing partners and volunteers, managing implementation so that it proceeds smoothly and according to schedule related to industry strategic partnerships, international markets, investment, and industry promotion activities.
- Develop MoUs/Partnerships related to strategic industry development
- Maintain a constant dialogue with main stakeholders on the market, define new partnerships
- Report regularly to the Senior Project Coordinator, respectively if required to USAID/Sweden, where appropriate, regarding decisions to be made, activities are undertaken, and progress.
- Report on FinTech related potential activities and initiatives
- Compile proposals into portfolio requests.
- Other may be applicable
- Min 10 years of relevant experience in designing and implementing FinTech related activities
- Proven expertise and knowledge of the FinTech sector, national, regional, and international context.
- BSc or BA degree in information technologies, business, economics, or social sciences.
- Proven success in managing and leading the design of complex projects
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian
- Project proposals, including project plans, budgets, etc.
- All projects related documentations
- Any specific donor-driven procedures manuals
- Reporting documentation required by Senior Project Coordinator
- Any other documentation that is required for the best reach of the set forth results
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment will begin on/about May 2020 - December 2020.
Please, indicate - FinTech Expert at Startup Moldova, in the subject line.