Organization: PH International Moldova
Legal Socialization in Moldovan Schools Program (MLSP)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova.
Applications must be Submitted by: March 16, 2020
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
PH International Moldova, a not-for-profit organization, seeks an experienced person to assist the program team with all administrative and accounting aspects of program implementation.
The Moldova Legal Socialization Program is funded by the U.S government and is a two-year pilot initiative that is expected to expand into a multi-year program. The program will work with youth in the process of developing understanding, attitudes, ideas and behaviors about the law.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
As the full-time accountant and administrative assistant, you will be working with the program team to achieve the goals of the Program while contributing to PH International’s overall mission. Major responsibilities and duties include:
- Oversee bank and cash accounts including transfers, office accounting, HR related accounting, and procurement procedures.
- Transfer payroll in accordance with signed contracts, paid service agreements, taxes and other relevant social funds; calculate personnel salaries, taxes and other compulsory payments as determined by law.
- Advise country director on matters of taxation and legalities in Moldova.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the U.S. Headquarters office including uploading expenses and updating projections in PH’s Virtual Office (VO). Work with PH’s Overseas Financial Director and the U.S. financial staff to complete these reports and manage accounting in the Moldova office.
- Monitor and control the timely payment and reconciliation of account reports.
- Maintain human resource and employee management records.
- Ensure compliance of project expenditures, including personnel costs, administrative expenses, and operating costs with U.S. government regulations and Moldovan law.
- Maintain necessary documentation and reporting in accordance with USG and PH International guidelines.
- Coordinate travel logistics for staff and participants and reconcile staff and participant travel expenses
- Assist with training and other program logistics and arrangements.
- Order and maintain stock of needed office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a neat and orderly office environment.
- Other administrative duties as required by the country director.
- University degree in Accounting.
- Strong understanding of the specifics of accounting for Moldovan NGOs.
- At least 5 years of experience working in donor-funded projects.
- Excellent command of English and Romanian.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Flexibility and strong work ethic.
PH International (Project Harmony, Inc.) is an equal opportunity employer, and provides its staff opportunities for job growth, innovation, and creativity.
Subject line should read: PH Moldova Accountant. No phone calls.