Position: Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Local Governance Program (Comunitatea Mea)
Location: Chișinău, Moldova
Period of Performance: Approximately 3.5 years
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for a five-year USAID-funded program to strengthen local governance and improve the provision of basic services in Moldova. This assistance will advance decentralization reforms and build citizen confidence that democratic institutions can improve their quality of life. The DCOP will be responsible for managing program implementation under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP). Specifically, this individual will make operational decisions and manage the program’s 4 technical components, ensuring that they are executed in a holistic, interconnected and reinforcing way; responsive to changing program requirements; and above all focused on achieving results.
Only citizens or residents of Moldova will be considered.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership to and general oversight of the program’s technical staff;
- Supervise and mentor several team members, including Component Leads to ensure effective execution of annual implementation plans to achieve both program milestones and target;
- Monitor budgetary spending and projections relative to programmatic planning;
- Manage the four technical components of the program;
- Assure quality of long- and short-term technical advisors’ deliverables;
- Participate in and contribute to meetings with the donor, external stakeholders and local partners;
- Lead drafting of program documents – Annual Implementation Plans, annual, quarterly, and monthly reporting, and other USAID reports and internal progress reports – including collecting and synthesizing inputs from team members;
- Manage effective communication and coordination with IREX’s home-office team;
- Review and provide input on grant agreements and/or subcontracts;
- Oversee the Engineering Team to ensure the development and successful execution of Community Development Projects;
- Ensure that all program initiatives are in compliance with IREX, USAID and Moldovan regulations;
- In coordination with IREX HQ and the Chief of Party, establish and ensure effective implementation of IREX policies, procedures and best practice for the program management.
Mandatory Skills and Qualifications:
- Moldovan citizenship or residency;
- At least five (5) years of experience working with local governments in Moldova;
- At least seven (7) years of experience with progressively greater responsibility for program management of USAID or other international donor-funded projects;
- Proven expertise on how to effectively design and carry out technical support activities at the local level, including technical assistance, capacity strengthening and on-the-job training;
- Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a discipline related to local governance, city planning, municipal management, urban development or international development;
- Demonstrated ability to work with international and local partners, communities and local authorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Romanian (or Russian).
Submit a Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com
Deadline: February 10th, 2020 at 18:00 (06:00 pm)
Hostingul si serviciile internet pentru administrarea portalului CIVIC.MD sunt oferite gratuit de compania Starnet