As part of project activities, CNFA is seeking the services of a local or international company to develop an assessment of the Moldovan Organic Agriculture Value Chain.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FULL TEXT OF THIS RFP HERE
The selected offeror will provide the following services requested by CNFA: Produce the Organic Agriculture Value Chain Assessment.
According to the Scope of Work, preliminary list of the focal value chains includes the following:
- Organic fruits and berries;
- Organic vegetables;
- Organic herbs and spices;
- Organic oleaginous and aromatic plants;
- Organic flour-based products (bread & pasta), and
- Organic livestock.
Additional value chains may be included during the inception phase of the consultancy, based on initial literature review and discussions with stakeholders, and with approval of CNFA.
Tasks of the assignment include the following (please see Annex 4 for the complete SOW, from the full RFP text - download link is above):
- Review of the relevant literature pertaining to Moldovan, regional, and European organic sector;
- Revision of the outline based on the review, to ensure that the current study is complementary to the existing sources.This revision may also include additions to the preliminary list of focal value chains, after approval by CNFA. Discussion of the revisions with the stakeholders and finalization of the outline;
- Interviews with Moldovan, regional, European, and international organic agriculture stakeholders;
- Development of a first draft of the assessment.Revision based on input from CNFA;
- Presentation of the second draft to stakeholders;
The Assessment will be in English. A summary of 15 pages to be presented to the stakeholders, and the full report will be a maximum of 10 pages per product/value chain (excluding annexes). If no additional products/value chains are added, the full report will be no more than 60 pages without the annexes.