NDI/Moldova vacancy: Program and Reporting Assistant
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI), Moldova office, is seeking to employ an enthusiastic individual for the vacancy of the Program and Reporting Assistant, in NDI’s multiyear democracy development program in Moldova. The Assistant will work closely with program and administrative staff at NDI/Moldova to assist NDI programs across all departments. The job will be office based, but may also involve occasional travel throughout Moldova, as well as occasional evening and weekend engagements. The successful candidate must be willing to learn and will be expected to share NDI values and approach to programming. The Assistant will cooperate with the Civic, Democracy and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) departments, and will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and Program Manager. The successful candidate will also offer support and assistance to Consultants and Civic Organizers. NDI is an equal-opportunities employer, and is offering a competitive salary and benefits, an intensive learning environment and an opportunity to contribute to the development of democracy in Moldova.
- Studies in Business Administration/Management, Social or Political Sciences, Communication, or any related fields will be an advantage;
- Some relevant experience is welcome, but not required;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Attention to details;
- Adaptable to repetitive tasks and time pressure;
- Strong language skills are required and will be tested: good command of written and spoken English. Native level Romanian is mandatory with proven writing and editing skills. Russian will be an advantage;
- Interest in politics, citizen participation, elections, and related fields is welcome;
- Ability to work in a team is key.
- Work closely with the program and administrative staff to support NDI’s routine program activities;
- Assist with maintaining communication with the program beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- Assist the organization of meetings in the Chisinau office;
- Contribute to data collection for monitoring and evaluation purposes to ensure an evidence-based reporting and collaborate with the Monitoring and Reporting team on preparing summary reports, forms, and other required documentation;
- File the necessary documentation for travel of staff, in the country and abroad, and work closely on the arrangements with the Administrative department;
- Archive and retrieve information for all activities in communities or in Chisinau (civic forums, visits in communities, staff meetings, workshops, meetings with partners, etc.) organized by the program staff;
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence, collect and prepare the necessary information for reply / action, and draft responses;
- Keep up-to-date the office calendars;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
The interested candidates should submit a recent resume and a motivation letter, with the subject “NDI Program and Reporting Assistant” to email@example.com by August 31, 2019. Early applications are welcome. NDI will offer a competitive salary and compensation package, which will be discussed during the interview process.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.