The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Dual Vocational Education and Training (VET) for the North Region within its “Support to Vocational Education in the Field of Green Economy” Project.
The Advisor is responsible for providing support and capacity development for existing dual VET cooperation in the North Region, as well as identify new potential dual cooperation partners. He/she will identify tools and mechanisms, which will be adjusted and implemented by key stakeholders, to increase and develop their capabilities and needs in order to contribute to sustainable promotion of dual VET, focusing his/her activities on stakeholders’ dialogue, social inclusion and ecologic sustainability.
(The permanent workplace for this position is established in the city of Soroca. GIZ will not cover accommodation and travel expenses if the Adviser is residing outside the locality where the project office is established.)
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- in line with current normative provisions regulating dual VET, identify and establish cooperation relations with main institutional actors (public, private, non-governmental) in the North Region who may contribute to promote this alternative form of VET within the Rayons pertaining to the region;
- develop existing and determine new opportunities for increasing the network of dual VET partners in the region, considering needs of local labour market, education offer by VET institutions and the specificity of the region;
- assist stakeholders in the analysis of the results for the existing dual VET programmes in the North Region and propose instruments for quality improvement;
- facilitate the creation of partnerships and dialogue platforms between the actors identified and support institutional capacity development for service provision in the fields of dual VET and green economy;
- initiate and promote awareness and communication campaigns on dual VET, while considering the special features of the region (priority economic sectors, professions required on the labour market, etc.);
- identify economic operators who are interested to introduce ecologically sustainable approaches into their daily operations;
- ensure the communication with secondary education authorities and schools, in order to include dual VET in professional orientation activities;
- provide advisory support to stakeholders in developing instruments to increase the enrolment rate of women within dual VET programmes;
- contribute to achieving the objectives and indicators of the VET Project.
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in one of the following subjects: Education, Economics, Human Resources Development, Business Administration, or other related area;
- at least 3 years of professional work experience, ideally in business development and/or education, with a focus on private sector and/or VET;
- good knowledge of main features of the dual VET system, including its relevance for shaping the skills needs on the labour market in Moldova;
- previous expertise in cooperating with the private economic environment, educational institutions and social partners;
- experience in working with disadvantaged youth would be an asset;
- proven experience in coordinating capacity development programmes;
- ability to establish and coordinate partner networks;
- fluency in Romanian, English and Russian;
- excellent drafting and presentation skills;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed;
- flexibility to travel in country on request;
- a valid category B driving licence;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 02 March 2020, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.