The EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme (further Programme) is based on the European Commission Implementing Decision on the Annual Action Programme 2018 in favor of the Republic of Moldova and is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme.
The overall objective of the five-year Programme is to strengthen the economic, territorial and social cohesion in the Republic of Moldova through facilitating inclusive, sustainable and integrated local socio-economic growth and improving the standards of living of the citizens in the pilot micro- regions: Cahul and Ungheni.
To this end, this Programme will address the urban-rural divide and regional disparities, stimulate economic growth and job creation, refurbish and upgrade some social and technical infrastructure in selected pilot micro-regions (smaller towns and villages) while taking into account a gender perspective in the activities of the Programme.
- To strengthen transparency, accountability of local public authorities and citizen participation in local governance processes in the pilot micro-regions.
- To improve citizens' access to quality public services and utilities in the pilot micro-regions.
- To create employment opportunities for men and women in the pilot micro-regions and improve the attractiveness of the pilot regions for investors and entrepreneurs,
- To promote the smart specialization of the economy of the pilot micro regions through the development of the clustering and value chain approach in key economic sectors.
The Programme objectives will be achieved through measures targeted at: (i) capacity building to support the implementation and monitoring of local economic development plans; (ii) civil society engagement in local planning, governance processes and basic social service delivery; (iii) provision of investment funding in support of the creation and/or development of social and technical infrastructure which, combined with the outcomes from interventions (i) and (ii) above, will have an immediate, visible and tangible impact on employment creation, the standard of living of the population in the pilot micro-regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Procurement Coordinator the incumbent assists the Programme team, UNDP Country office, the Donor, as well as national counterparts and clients in the effective and efficient implementation of the EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme, through provision of procurement services of the highest quality and standards. The Procurement Assistant applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Procurement Assistant works in close collaboration with the Programme team as well as the team in the Country Officefor effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and Programme work-plans;
- In accordance with the Programme Work Plan support the Procurement Coordinator in procurement of equipment, supplies and services ensuring full compliance with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Draft annual Programme procurement plan and keep it up to date, as well as draft periodical procurement reports based on inputs from Programme team;
- Organize procurement processes, including preparation and conduct of micro-purchases, RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, by drafting bidding/selection documents (or address direct invitations to submit offer), receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary screening, participate at the negotiation of conditions of contracts, in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Support the Procurement Coordinator in organizing procurement processes with respect to individual consultancy services (ICs, RLAs, Rosters), coordinate receipt of applications and financial proposals, their preliminary screening, participate at the negotiation of financial proposals or contract conditions in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Prepare the submission packages to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP);
- Draft contracts’ packages for goods and services for management approval;
- Draw up and maintain evidence and monitoring of awards and contracts with project implementing partners, consulting organizations, contractors, etc.;
- Maintain records on national/international consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures;
- Monitor and draft in Atlas system supplier’s performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods/services;
- Create and manage e-requisitions in ATLAS;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required, manage office stationary supplies;
- Maintain an assets and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required and provide inputs for corporate reporting on assets and inventory.
- Assume responsibility for archiving Programme documents in accordance with UNDP SOP on archiving, transfer the packages to relevant UNDP CO focal person, as well as keep evidence of archived packages;
- Prepare timely inputs to project reports in the area of responsibility as necessary;
- Provide other administrative support when required by the Programme management.
- Verify vendor’s information in Atlas and collect Vendor data forms for updating information to further submit for update in Atlas to the Procurement Coordinator;
- Pass the Mandatory Learning Courses and submit certificates to Human Resources for records;
- Keep abreast of UNDP rules and regulations in the area of responsibility and maintain an optimum level of knowledge by continuous learning
- Provide inputs for elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with Project management.
The key results have an impact on the overall successful implementation and achievement of the Programme’s objectives. The information provided facilitates decision-making of the Programme Board and UNDP management.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must.
- Adheres to the core values of the United Nations; in particular, is respectful of differences of culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, language, age, HIV status, disability, and sexual orientation, or other status.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Understands the main processes and methods of work related to the position held.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to the procurement management and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results-Based Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of project, managing data, reporting from the perspective of position held.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, and think creatively to develop and implement smart business solutions in a challenging socio-economic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents.
- Strong inter-personal skills; including the ability to effectively communicate with persons from a variety of backgrounds.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to achieve results and deadlines in a timely manner, maintaining a high standard throughout.
- Acts as a team player and facilitates team work.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, social sciences, public administration or other related field.
- At least 4 (four) years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, procurement or other substantive area is required.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
To learn more and apply for this and other job vacancies please visit: https://www.md.undp.org/content/moldova/en/home/jobs.html
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
Online applications can be submitted by registered users only. Self-registration link is available at the next page and requires candidates to provide a valid email address.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters:
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.