Healthy Life Project: Reducing the Burden of Non-Communicable Diseases announces a vacancy position for the Project Assistant
Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) such as diabetes, hypertension, ischemic heart disease and cancer, are the main causes of mortality in the Republic of Moldova for both men and women. The risk factors of NCDs are related for the most part to lifestyles including inadequate diet, smoking, low level of physical activity and alcohol consumption.
NCDs represent an urgent public health priority in Moldova and the Healthy Life Project, in support to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection and in close collaboration with national and international partners, aims to address this need.
The second phase of the Project will start on 1 October 2020 until till 2024. Its overall objective is to contribute to the improvement of the health status of the Moldovan population, especially in rural areas, through the reduction of the burden of NCDs. The Project has three main outcomes:
- Outcome 1: National institutions and the policy environment for NCDs and health promotion;
- Outcome 2: Service delivery for NCD prevention and management;
- Outcome 3: People taking responsibility for their own health, demanding their rights, and holding decision-makers to account.
In the first phase the Project was implemented in 10 pilot districts (Falesti, Ungheni, Stefan Voda, Cahul, Orhei, Criuleni, Taraclia, Vulcanesti, Edinet and Briceni) with the subsequent extension at the national level.
The Project is coordinated by a Project Facilitation Unit (PFU) based in Chisinau.
This position of Project Assistant is full-time, based at the PFU in Chisinau but will entail extensive travel to the raions.
Scope of work
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and in close collaboration with other PFU staff, the Project Assistant will:
- Provide support to the management of daily project activities including support to planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Support the technical experts with the implementation and monitoring of their respective work package
- Provide administrative and logistical support and assistance for the organization of events, workshops, meetings, trainings and conferences
- Assist on provision of technical support to PFU with identifying, collecting and reviewing of local data sources for small surveys, small research activities, focus-groups with different stakeholders, etc. The data includes and is not limited to; reporting of primary health centres, demographics, health promotions services, etc. Organise and accurately report the collected information
- Arrange meetings and meet persons in the primary health centres, PH centers, LPA participating in the project and in partner institutions as well
- Provide assistance in communication with representatives in project raions and communities adapting the project data base with relevant information about Project partners and stakeholder
- Assist with written and oral translation for the project and translation of project materials as required
- Assist with the follow-up of short term experts, companies and NGOs according to their ToRs
- Assist with note-taking during events or meetings
- Assist with telephone inquiries, fax, post and e-mail transmissions and co-ordination of appointments
- Assist in making travel-related arrangements (car reservation, hotel reservations, etc) for specific events
- Provide assistance to the team, in keeping project related information, documentation and correspondences
- Frequently travel to project districts and villages to provide support specific events or activities
- University degree in a field of studies related to the project’s activities such as Health Sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Community Development, Sociology, Law, Economic or any relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a similar position
- Experience in the health or social sectors an advantage
- Experience in working with different stakeholders such as Ministries and decentralized public authorities,government agencies, civil society institutions, local partners, NGOs
- Experience and sensitivity in working with rural population, patients, and vulnerable/marginalised groups.
- Fluency in oral Romanian, Russian and English
- Good writing skills in Romanian, English and Russian
- Ability to work in an autonomous way
- Dynamic, fast-learner, and motivated to work across different project thematics
- Willingness to travel extensively within the country and to rural locations
- Proficient user level computer skills of Office and other software.
The PFU offers a one-year, full-time contract with a three-month probation period. The contract is renewable depending on performance.
Interested persons may submit their CV and a cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is 11 October 2020. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. A writing sample will be requested prior to interview.