America House Chișinău
is looking for a Communications Coordinator
America House Chișinău is the flagship cultural center of the United States in Moldova, designed to increase mutual understanding between Moldova and the United States through programs and informational resources.
America House Chișinău offers programs/activities in five core areas: English language activities, EducationUSA advising, U.S. Government Exchange Alumni engagement, Cultural programs, and information about the United States. The Center also offers resources, such as books, films and documentaries, games, and Internet access.
Under the general supervision of the America House Program Manager and the AISE President, the Communications Coordinator works on promotions, content production and dissemination of content via social media platforms to build brand awareness, provide relevant information to users, and attract audiences to the center. The Communications Coordinator also liaises with Embassy staff on communications and content priorities.
- Strong knowledge of social media and web technologies
- Graphic design skills
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use Excel, electronic databases and search engines
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media analytics and reporting tools
- Strong knowledge of on-line conferencing platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, etc.
- Customer Service skills:
- Experience providing customer service to a diverse audience, including via digital platforms
- Experience working with building brand awareness with audiences ages 14 and up.
- Communication skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing, in the local languages, and in English, with minimal review and correction.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence and to maintain accurate records
- Organization skills:
- Skill in prioritizing work assignments.
- Ability to carry out routine tasks with minimal supervision.
- Education—university degree or candidacy in communication or journalism
- Enthusiasm for American culture and cross-cultural development between U.S. and Moldova
- Ability to assess community interest in American topics and other areas of interest
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of a team
- Attention and adherence to detail, accuracy, timeliness, tact, and confidentiality
- Assists America House Program Manager with content production, including but not limited to photography, graphic design, and video.
- Plans, develops and implements public outreach strategies for America House Chisinau.
- Contributes to establishing a brand look and feel.
- Responsible of development of brand awareness and online reputation.
- Markets America House Chisinau to target audiences corresponding to programs.
- Manages America House Chisinau presence on social networking sites including Facebook, Instagram and other similar community sites, including monitoring, responding to inquiries, posting and content development, conducting surveys, opinion polls and contests, as well as engaging in discussions where appropriate.
- Monitors new trends in social media tools and applications.
- Tracks the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices.
- Liaises with media to publicize America House Chisinau events and ensure coverage.
- Works closely with Program Manager to help organize, implement, and reflect all activities and events on the America House Chisinau webpage, Instagram, and Facebook page.
ANTICIPATED START DATE
7 September 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out the online application form: https://forms.gle/XFY3FFSmamz5eeaC7.
For additional questions, please refer to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until 30 August 2020.