Position: Advertising and Audience Measurement Specialist
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: Short-term consultancy (3 months)
IREX is an independent, international, nonprofit organization that works with local partners to solve development challenges and create positive lasting change around the world. To build a more just, prosperous and inclusive world, IREX and its partners empower youth, cultivate leaders, strengthen institutions, and extend access to quality education and information.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks a qualified Advertising and Audience Measurement Specialist for US State Department-funded Creating Content Connections Project that aims to create a sustainable, growth-oriented environment in Moldova’s creative television content industry. The project supports the diversification of the television entertainment programming both by supporting the locally produced television series and licensing and broadcasting of American and European content dubbed in Romanian.
The Advertising and Audience Measurement Specialist will work with selected project partners with specific emphasis on improving viewership and monetization of the content. The specialist should have advanced knowledge of TV audience measurement mechanism and extensive understanding of TV ratings, proven working experience with advertising companies and sales stakeholders on the market, research techniques and inferential statistics to recognize, design and implement strategies that support interpretation and usage of viewership ratings to facilitate negotiations and generation of revenues.
- Leverage knowledge of linear TV and digital audience measurement to initiate and adapt strategies that maximize ratings, appeal to existing audience and attract new viewers;
- Develops individual tailored strategies for project partners on viewership ratings usage and revenues generation from sales and advertising and facilitates the establishment of project partners’ initial relationships with potential advertisers and commercial entities;
- Supports and mentors project partners on tailored strategies implementation and suggests remediation activities as needed;
- Proactively and regularly creates in-depth analysis and research on TV audience and digital audience ratings focused to show value, insights, or missed opportunities to inform the project and its partners;
- Transforms and brings a new perspective to traditional reporting on viewership data and ratings.
Skills and qualifications
- Legal resident of Moldova with authorization to work;
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline;
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Nielsen systems and understanding of ratings and viewing statistics;
- Must have 5+ years of experience in television programming research with previous experience in Media and Advertising;
- Must have proven experience on advertising market;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets is a must;
- Competency with visualization and reporting tools preferred;
- Demonstrates a systematic approach towards collecting data from various sources;
- Strong analytical, mathematical, problem-solving and time-management skills;
- Diligent, diplomatic, positive, go-getter attitude.
Please supply a resume, cover letter and financial offer with your application to the following email: email@example.com with the subject title “Advertising and Audience Measurement Specialist” by June 12, 2020 at 18:00 (6 pm).
Applications are examined on a rolling basis therefore it is in the interest of all candidates to submit their application as early as possible.
No phone calls please