Team Leader – Local Governance Moldova
Skat Consulting Ltd. is looking for an experienced local governance expert and project manager for the function of the Team Leader of our project Ma Implic (I engage) – Civic Engagement in Local Governance in Moldova. The position is based in Chisinau and starts from 01.07.2020.
The Ma Implic project is a Swiss (SDC) funded local governance project, strengthening local public administrations, public services and civic engagements, as well as supporting national decentralisation reforms.
Duty station and contract duration
- Based in Chisinau, Moldova
- 100 % working time
- Team Leader during phase 1 of the project: 01.07.2020 – 31.10.2023
Tasks of the Team Leader
- Overall responsibility for operations of the project in Moldova, in close coordination with the project director at Skat headquarter and thematic backstoppers
- Lead of the project facilitation team of Moldovan experts and support staff
- Lead in conceptual matters and project implementation
- Responsible of relations with project partners in Moldova and the Swiss Cooperation Office
- Lead of administration, finances and human resources management
- Lead of monitoring, reporting, and technical support to project steering
- Lead of communication and representation of the project and Skat towards partners, authorities and public
- University degree in a field relevant for the assignment
- Confirmed experience in decentralisation reforms, local governance and civic engagement, public services (10 years or more in at least one of the listed thematic areas)
- Confirmed experience in a team leader function (teams of 5-10 full time staff) and project management, including procurement and administrating significant budgets
- Excellent communicator and strong report writer
- The position is open to Moldovan and international candidates. Moldovan applicants need to have international professional experience. International applicants need to have professional experience in Moldova or the wider region (Eastern Europe/Caucasus).
- Knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Romanian or Russian a strong asset
We offer attractive remuneration and working conditions as part of Skat’s dedicated and dynamic team.
Application: Please send your application by email to Violeta.Zivanovic@skat.ch as soon as possible, latest on 15.05.2020. Please include contact details of reference persons for at least three recent relevant assignments.
More information on the project and full TOR of the position: TL-Ma-Implic.pdf
Questions can be addressed to Florian.Klingel@skat.ch.