- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Moldova
- Requisition ID: MOL000006
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G6
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: MOL - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Issue Date: Dec 26, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 17, 2023
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Master's Degree (Second-level university degree or equivalent
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Mission and closely cooperates with the Conflict Prevention and Resolution Programme and the Political Officers, as well as with the other national staff members of these two Programmes. The incumbent provides translation and interpretation services (Russian-English), as well as some political analysis, informative and other support to local and international Mission Members.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Head of Mission, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Acting as interpreter and translator for the Mission leadership as required, from and into Russian and English; Consecutive interpretation;
- As necessary, may also be asked to act as interpreter and translator for the Mission leadership as required from Romanian into Russian and/or English;
- Acting as an interpreter and translator for the Mission as a whole and for visiting delegations, when and as required;
- Translating correspondence, documents, publications, articles from periodicals and other material from and into English, Russian or Romanian;
- Regularly checking Russian and other international news websites for information relevant to the Mission’s mandate;
- Assisting in preparing and translates documents, protocols etc.;
- Maintaining a library of all documents related to the negotiations;
- Assisting in the organization of events supporting the negotiations (seminars, conferences, etc) and other secretarial tasks;
- Bringing to the attention of Mission Members political, political-military and economic aspects of regional and institutional developments;
- Preparing analysis of political and political-economic issues pertaining to the Transnistrian conflict settlement and other Moldovan political developments for the Mission’s leadership and Political Officers;
- For this purpose, investigating independently into those political issues and meeting with a wide range of Mission contacts from other international organizations, embassies, governmental and parliamentary structures, NGOs, other national, regional and local organizations arid institutions, as well as private citizens and report on the results to the Deputy Head of Mission and/or Political Officers;
- Assisting the Mission’s leadership and Political Officers in meetings and prepares memos on results;
- Assisting the Mission’s Press Office and the Mission’s other Programmes in case of necessity;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova
- Secondary education supplemented by formal studies in modem languages including specialized training for translation/interpretation;
- Six years of work experience as translator/interpreter including some experience in political analysis preferably in an international organization or embassy;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Russian and Romanian languages;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration is EUR 935, OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Please note that appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please seehttps://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Concurs de selectare de consultanți-formatori pentru dezvoltarea capacităților profesioniștilor din sectorul educație în susținerea participării copiilor, inclusiv a copiilor refugiați, la procesele decizionale
- Project Officer for Ucraine
- UNV Procurement and Finance Associate - UNDP Moldova/M4EG project
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului (ODA) anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurist principal, Secția juridica și achiziții
- Specialist în comunicare / asistent de proiect în domeniul gestionării deșeurilor
- Extended deadline: Helvetas is hiring Team Leader
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, Secția analiza inflației și indicatorilor sectorului real
- UNDP Moldova: Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- LCM Agency angajeaza Assistant Event Manager