GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Integrated Urban Development Policy for its project “Strong Businesses and Communities for Moldova”, which is financed by both the European Union as well as the German Government.
This position is expected to start on the 15th of August 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension. The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau.
The primary role of the Advisor is to provide policy advice to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development on improving the policy framework for integrated urban development.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Providing high-level policy advice to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development (MIRD) on developing the necessary structural and institutional adjustments on improving the policy framework for sustainable and integrated urban development, including the national programme on growth pole centres;
- Defining tools to support acceleration and providing guidance to ensure integrated policy support and policy coherence;
- Providing advice on an improved vertical dialogue between the actors involved in urban and community development and supporting processes that allow for effective coordination and consultations with relevant stakeholders;
- Performing any other work-related tasks contributing to the project success.
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning / Development, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Management and Organizational Development or other relevant fields;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in policy development, strategic planning, preferably in a cross-sectoral integrated manner, previous experience in/with government institutions, international development and partnership building;
- Experience in coordinating large and complex processes with multiple different actors; government, civil society, academia, the public and the private sector;
- Proven track record in providing high-quality, development-relevant analysis and policy advice;
- Proven excellent written and verbal skills in Romanian and English; German and/or Russian would be an advantage;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Effective communication, negotiation and moderation skills;
- Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills;
- Ability to contribute to strategic planning and reporting;
- Very good working knowledge of IT technologies and computer applications (MS Office package);
- Confidential handling of data and information;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
- Desire to work in an efficient, independent and innovative manner in a multi-disciplinary and inter-cultural team is expected;
- Willingness to further develop the knowledge basis and upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 05th of August 2022, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.