GIZ is looking for an Advisor in Community Development for the Project “Supporting Moldovan Communities in Hosting Ukrainian Refugees in Moldova”, financed by the German Government.
This position is expected to start on the 01st of August, 2022 for a 12-month period, with the possibility of extension.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Coordinate the project implementation process in line with project objectives and planned outputs;
- Plan, manage and supervise the implementation of measures in close coordination with target local governments and sectoral authorities (Stefan Voda, Causeni and Ungheni);
- Serve as the primary liaison person for communication with local authorities and project management in all matters related with the project;
- Provide advisory services on technical matters, as well as contribute to decision-making pertained to the project implementation process;
- Independently coordinate the assigned project components with the involved stakeholders and acting national and international experts in accordance with project objectives;
- Provide advice to the project management, team members, partners, national and international experts and beneficiary staff on best practices and implementation techniques of conducted measures;
- Provide Monitoring and Evaluation of performance indicators in the areas of responsibility and hold accountability to Project Manager;
- Report to project management on any deviation from established rules or aspects which might be outside the legal-regulatory framework or corruptive;
- Integrate results and experience into teamwork and the work with all relevant target groups;
- Ensures Communication and Visibility of the project.
- University degree in areas of architecture, civil constructions, engineering;
- Alternatively, university degree in public administration;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position;
- Work experience and/or leadership positions in international projects, preferably with a composite or directly related with project management, aligned to Good Governance sectors;
- Good working knowledge of computer applications (MS Office package);
- Excellent networking and strong communication skills;
- High levels of integrity and commitment;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills, mature initiative, tact, and high sense of responsibility, ability to work independently and under pressure to tight deadlines;
- Very good written and oral knowledge of English, Romania, and Russian;
- Willingness to upgrade knowledge and learn as required by the tasks to be performed – relevant capacity development will be agreed with management;
- Desire to work in an efficient, independent, and innovative manner in a multi-disciplinary and inter-cultural team are expected;
- Valid driving license with proven driving experience;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 15th of July, 2022, time 15:00 to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.