I. Information about the position
Name of position: Administrative/Project Assistant
Expected length of employment: 9 months
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Chisinau, Moldova
Start date: July 2022
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization based in Prague that implements humanitarian aid and development cooperation projects in 15 countries across the world (Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa).
We have been working in Moldova since 2004. Over the years, we implemented 32 development cooperation projects in home and social care, small business development, civil society development, agriculture, lively hoods support and inclusion areas. In 2017, we were registered in Moldova through our exclusive partner - AO Pro-Development - and started implementing projects directly through a local team.
Our strategic objectives are focused on the following priority intervention sectors: civil society development, inclusive social development, primary healthcare support, innovation and waste/water management.
More information on CCR’s work in Moldova can be found on:
- our website https://moldova.charita.cz/ and
- on our fb page: https://www.facebook.com/CCRinMoldova
Presently, we also implement humanitarian aid projects supporting refugees from Ukraine residing in Moldova.
The Administrative/Project Assistant will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Managers. The main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, including relevant CCR staff in Moldova and internationally, implementing partner organizations, vendors, and government representatives.
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; informal interpretation for English-speaking staff during meetings and events; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
- Assure the documentation (e.g. contracts, agreements, purchase orders) and invoice flow with suppliers and implementing partner organizations.
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes and support the knowledge management and programmatic file storage of the organization.
- Support the procurement process for goods and services (e.g. periodic market research, follow-up with vendors on offers or supporting documentation, participation in bid committees, periodic shopping for office supplies, etc.) and HR processes of the office (e.g. periodic screening of applicants, updating contact lists, tracking leave balances and attendance reports, ensuring up-to-date employee files, etc.).
- Maintain relationships with relevant vendors (landlords, service and goods providers, etc.) and serve as the primary point of contact for questions and administrative matters related to vendors.
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities. Prepare, update, and disseminate welcome packages.
- Ensure required authorizations and documents for the organization are up-to-date and that documents from vendors are received and processed in a timely way.
- Schedules meetings and appointments;
- Organizes the office layout and order stationery and equipment;
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary;
- Organize office operations and procedures;
- Provide general support to visitors;
- Provides logistical support to the Head of Mission and Project managers;
- Address employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements);
- Liaise with facility management, including cleaning services;
- University degree
- Experience working in an office environment in an administrative/project assistant role. Experience with a local or international NGO is an advantage.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and information management systems.
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
Required Languages – Native Romanian speaker and fluency in English (B2 or higher) required.
V. What we offer
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid vacation, social and medical package according to national legislation
- Stable international organization with a long experience in the field of development cooperation
VI. How to apply
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must include a brief motivation letter, not longer than 1 page, and a maximum 4-page CV or resume.
Please write “Administrative/Project Assistant" in the Subject line. Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_first name_administrative/project assistant_CV
Last name of applicant_first name_administrative/project assistant_Cover letter
The deadline for submission is 15 July 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications are reviewed on continual basis and a suitable candidate may be hired before the deadline. CCR reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.