Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Reports To: Operations Manager
Contract Duration: 6 months
Country/Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV with email to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “HR Assistant”.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As the Russian invasion expands in Ukraine, an enormous humanitarian crisis is developing across the country and region. The United Nations (UN) estimates that more than four million Ukrainians will be forced to flee the country if there is no cessation of the invasion, while millions of others will be displaced internally within Ukraine. Neighboring countries are quickly easing entry restrictions and preparing to host large numbers of refugees, as cars are lined up for miles on the Ukrainian sides of borders.
As a member of the CRS Moldova team, and in close coordination with Caritas Moldova, your organizational skills and service-oriented approach will provide efficient and effective HR support support for Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving conflict-affected Ukrainians in Moldova and staff.
CRS is hiring for this position for 6 months, with the opportunity to extend. CRS will also consider consultancy agreements for candidates who prefer this option.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Provide administrative support to Human Resources department.
- Compile and update employee records and personnel files (hard and soft copies).
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc).
- Communicate with public services when necessary.
- Assist in the recruitment process.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management/Business Administration is required or in any other related field. Master’s degree in HR Management/Business Administration/Organizational Development is a plus. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- 1 -2 years’ work experience/ internship in an administrative and/or human resources assistant role with some familiarity of human resources practices. Experience in humanitarian sector is considered a plus.
- Basic knowledge of recruitment procedures.
- General knowledge of HR practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of labor law and employment best practices.
- Fluency with MS Office and relevant HR software (HRIS); hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
- Fluency in Romanian and English; knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian will be considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities.
- Self-motivated to perform routine tasks independently and meet deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All internal staff
External: Payroll provider
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer; CRS is always looking for qualified, diverse and compelling candidates to join our agency and support our great work.
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- Please note that applications will be continuously reviewed, and CRS reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.