CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Warehouse Assistant
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Classification: General Service Staff
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Ungraded
Duration: Six months with possibility of extension
All Inclusive Salary: 14000 MDL per month
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 11 May 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Following the launch of military operations across Ukrainian territory on 24 February 2022, substantive flows and displacements across Ukraine and toward neighbouring countries have been reported countries in the following days. As response to the Ukrainian crisis, IOM Chisinau has increased operational activities which requires additional administrative staff.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Administrative coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible in maintaining warehouse database and documentation and provide assistance in receiving and dispatching of warehouse goods.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with Procurement Unit, ensure that goods are properly received, stored, dispatched and accounted as per IOM warehousing procedures, including preparation of relevant documents such as Receiving Reports and Waybills, and conducting quantity and visual quality checks. Inform warehouse manager for all activities are on track without matter of time and report breakdowns timely.
- Plan loading, unloading of trucks and planning kit making in the warehouse promptly, organizing hourly contracted labours in close coordination with the procurement unit.
- Make required preparations for physical count two times in the year and make sure about the accuracy of inventory before physical stock count, report to warehouse manager. Assist the process of preparing mid-term and yearly physical counting reports.
- Ensure implementing, weekly and monthly stock counts, check internal control tools (such us loading order, loading form, unloading form, unloading order, kit work order, Stock Cards,) are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained. Perform monthly verification of stocks with warehouse administration
- In close coordination with Program staff, coordination with transport service providers and oversee the loading and sending activities to areas of programme implementation
- Ensure that the quality/quantity of goods received in the warehouse is according to Invoice and Purchase Order (PO) specified standards.
- Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.) Ensure that stock control is conducted properly including the timely and accurate update of bin cards.
- Ensure forecasts for required supplies of Warehouse in timely manner and provides purchase order for such requirements to the procurement unit.
- Ensure check of overall warehouse tasks that are assigned to hourly workers and storekeepers.
- Check work security and safety measures are taken in the warehouse before starting to work.
- Report challenges and process of operations, check/inform records and documents to the warehouse manager.
- Contribute and share observations for the Warehouse's overall operations and put inputs for constant improvement.
- Assist Procurement Unit with sourcing of procurement and logistics upon request.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field from accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
- High School Degree in above field with four years of relevant professional work experience.
- Experience in logistics and supply chain management or other related fields.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non- government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 1)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 11 May 2022, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 04.05.2022 to 11.05..2022