The German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ) was established as a registered association in May 1992 on the initiative of the German Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection. On behalf of the German government, it supports partner states in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, (Central) Asia, the South Caucasus, the MENA region and Africa in reforming their legal and judicial systems. The aim of these legal consulting services is to promote the rule of law and market economy structures in the partner states. In the field of legislative advice, the project work concentrates on the preparation of expert opinions on draft laws, expert discussions with corresponding partner institutions from the justice sector and, in the field of training and further education on the organization of seminars, lectures, internship programs, working visits and expert discussions both in Germany and in the partner countries (www.irz.de) .
The IRZ Section 5 (Eastern Europe) is looking for a freelance contractor with residency in the Republic of Moldova to support its activities in Moldova
Activities include the following:
- Support in the preparation and implementation of events in the partner country and abroad as well as in the issuance and distribution of publications
- Maintaining contact with local cooperation partners
- Monitoring legal developments in Moldova and writing short reports for internal use
- Administration of IRZ project funds (recording of all incoming funds and expenditures, preparation of advance financial statements etc.)
- Local contact person for both authorities of the Republic of Moldova and IRZ partner institutions
- Accompaniment of the delegations of partner institutions of the Republic Moldova during the study visits to Germany
This results in the following requirements profile:
- University Degree or relevant work experience in the field of the activity tendered
- Good written and oral skills – also subject related - of the Romanian language
- German language skills in writing and speaking are desired, good English language skills are required
- Good social skills, attention to detailed working style, flexibility, creativity and interest in the activities described are required
- Legal knowledge and good knowledge of the institutions of the Republic of Moldova are required
- Negotiation skills and ability for diplomatic and political sensitive cooperation with a va- riety of partners
- Experience in event management and working in scientific or other public institutions are an advantage, as well as experience in the publication and distribution of scientific publications
- Experience in cooperation with German institutions or knowledge of the work of Ger- man institutions as well as previous stays in Germany are an advantage
Place/s of activity is/are Chişinău and occasionally other places in Moldova.
The activity is remunerated on the basis of performance (work completed by the hour). The hourly rate is determined according to qualification (m/f/d) in coordination with the German Embassy.
Please send your solid and complete application documents (movitation letter, CV, certificates, references) in German or English language up to May 31, 2020 exclusively in electronic for- mat to: schmeink @irz.de (Ms Angela Schmeink)