The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an individual expert to support the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure in elaboration of a Program on post-COVID-19 economic measures for 2020-2021, within the Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government project.
The objective of this assignment is to support the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure in developing a Program on post-COVID-19 economic measures for 2020-2021, aimed to ensure the recovery of the RoM economy following the pandemic, improvement of the macroeconomic situation and increase of population’s welfare.
To achieve the objective the expert shall perform the following tasks:
- Conduct at least one workshop with key stakeholders to identify/prioritize the objectives/actions and to develop a list of proposals for the Program;
- Elaborate the Program on post-COVID-19 economic measures for 2020-2021;
- Elaborate the Action Plan to the Program on post-COVID-19 economic measures for 2020-2021;
- Draft the estimation of the overall welfare effect of the Program on post-COVID-19 economic measures for 2020-2021;
- Support the Ministry in following discussions with other Government authorities, involved stakeholders, partners, as well as mass-media on the topic of the Program.
- Background and degree in economy, law, public administration or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years of professional experience, related to economic and social aspects, regulatory aspects etc.;
- Extensive knowledge of the Moldovan legal framework, especially on economic and social policies;
- Proven experience in drafting policy documents and/or legal documents;
- Knowledge of the economic modelling methods represent an advantage;
- Experience in collaboration with the Government institutions;
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Extended professional / communication network of stakeholders in the business community / private sector, Government institutions etc. represents an advantage.
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the assignment;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount per up to 120 work days of assignment, for the period May 2020 – November 2020;
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Applications shall be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org showing the tender number (83354611) and subject on it, not later than 19 May, time 17:00.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Questions shall be e-mailed to email@example.com, by showing tender number in the message title.