Job Title: Project Officer
Reports to: Program Manager
Department: Education and Psychosocial Support
Salary Grade: 7
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV with email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Project Officer- Education and PSS”.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS in Moldova and Ukraine
CRS has operated in different capacities in Moldova since 2004 and in Ukraine since 2017. CRS works with local partners to implement an integrated, multisectoral program portfolio of humanitarian and development assistance. In Moldova, CRS is focused on meeting both the immediate and long-term needs of Ukrainian refugees, including cash, education and psychosocial support (PSS) and shelter programs. CRS is also working with governmental and non-governmental partners to end the placement of children in residential care institutions through the Changing the Way We Care initiative. In Ukraine, CRS’ works in partnership with Caritas Ukraine and Caritas Spes Ukraine, to deliver life-saving humanitarian assistance to Ukrainians affected by the war.
Since summer 2022, CRS has been working with local partners in Moldova to design and deliver education and PSS activities to help for children, youth and caregivers to develop critical skills to manage the ongoing stress, uncertainty, and disruption caused by forced displacement.
As a member of the CRS Moldova project team, and in close coordination with our local project partners, you will monitor and improve the quality of project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve conflict-affected Ukrainians in Moldova. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
CRS is hiring for this position until September 2024, with possibility to extend contingent to project funding.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination and implementation of education and PSS project activities as outlined in the project implementation plan and in line with CRS’ program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Contribute to continual improvements in CRS’ Education and PSS project and ways of working, by monitoring, identifying, and communicating challenges, gaps, recommendations for improvements and lessons learnt to inform adjustments to plans and activities.
- Support partners in their efforts to reflect on project experience and support the sharing of best practices and lessons learnt between partner staff.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data as per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partners to prepare reports as per the established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations including through regular discussions with partner staff and activity observations.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of capacity strengthening and technical support activities (workshops, trainings etc) to ensure the effective impact of project activities.
- Support the contextualization, development and roll-out of education and PSS project materials in line with project goals and identified partner and participant needs.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Liaise with partner organizations and other stakeholders.
- Support logistical and administrative implementation of project activities when needed, including preparing purchasing and payment documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in project support or in an NGO.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages – Written and spoken proficiency in English and Romanian (required). Proficiency in Ukrainian and/or Russian (desirable)
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel within Moldova up to 20%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicates strategically under pressure;
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment;
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members;
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities;
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- Experience in any of the following areas: non-formal education, child protection, psychosocial support, social work/youth work.
- Experience in teaching or delivering workshops/trainings.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Program Manager, Project Officer, other project team members, Operations staff, Technical Advisors
External: Caritas Moldova and local partners, local government officials, project participants and community members, UN agencies, and technical Working Groups members.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer; CRS is always looking for qualified, diverse and compelling candidates to join our agency and support our great work.
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- Please note that applications will be continuously reviewed, and CRS reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Concurs pentru selectarea a unui/unei consultant/consultante pentru instruirea cadrelor didactice de sprijin și psihologilor privind oferirea suportului individualizat pentru copiii romi
- Specialist coordonare instruiri
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru selectare expert/ă media
- Design and deliver Export Marketing Program for the producers and emerging exporters of fresh fruits in Moldova
- OSCE Mission to Moldova is hiring National Anti-Trafficking Experts (SSA)
- Solicitare de ofertă pentru achiziționarea serviciilor de cursuri de limbă română
- Finance and Administration Manager
- Termen extins: Selectarea unui consultant pentru elaborarea regulamentelor, statutelor și instrucțiunilor administrative pentru Consiliile Locale de Tineret și ONG-uri din Cahul și Ungheni
- Financial Analyst Position - CILC Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova