How to apply
Please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
In Ukraine, CRS does not implement projects directly, but funds and supports the work of two local partners: Caritas Ukraine and Caritas-Spes Ukraine. Both are members of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of over 160 members. Caritas Ukraine and Caritas-Spes Ukraine are present throughout the country and are currently implementing emergency response programming in addition to their regular social work.
The post concerns a consultancy agreement between CRS Moldova-Ukraine and the successful candidate.
Place of Performance
Base location: The consultant will be based in Kyiv, with possible travel across Ukraine.
You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high - quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of the finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate on development of project budgets with input from project team, operation team, and finance team.
- Coordinate with team members for their clear understanding of their budget line responsibilities.
- Ensure that all spending is on track and in accordance with donor approved budget.
- Flag to project managers any concerns in expenditures immediately.
- Highlight to project managers any needed changes to budget.
- Review monthly BCR including liquidations for each project and ensure all transactions are coded properly.
- Lead monthly Budget Comparison Report review with Finance and Project team.
- Process sub-recipient advances and review liquidation reports (and record journal entries in Insight).
- Lead on submitting of cash forecast with project coordinators.
- Lead on Sub-Award budgeting, monitoring.
- Review all partner liquidation and communicate with partner any questions.
- Ensure personnel lists are accurate and expenditures are monitored monthly.
- Ensure partner advance requests are accurate and endorse for team coordinators.
- Perform regular grants monitoring visits to sub-recipients ensuring that sub-recipients are in compliance with local accounting laws, SRFM Policy and CRS/sub-recipient agreements.
- Partner assessments, support development of Internal Control Improvement Plans and monitoring of actions taken for corrective measures.
- Support sub-recipient management by working on financial section of projects during start-up, implementation and grant closure.
- Liaison with Sub-recipient staff for audit facilitations / donor financial reporting (e.g. collection of information or photocopies/scan documents of required journal entries for donor financial reporting and audits).
- Prepare Sub-Recipient’ Advances’ aging report and SR Budget Comparison Report; and share with concerned Staff (CRS Program Manager).
- Keep an up-to-date tracking list of receipt of cash forecasts and liquidations from each sub-recipient and date of disbursements. Ensure that balances in tracking sheet match to balances in Insight ERP/ePBCS.
- Create and maintain tracking system of expenditures and commitments in real time.
- Ensure all payments are processed correctly and on time.
- BA/BSc Degree in finance, financial management, economics, accounting, or related field from recognized institution. Additional experience may substitute for some education. Additional working experience may substitute for some education.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance & Accounting will be considered a plus.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel, Word.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures preferred.
- Experience with accounting systems is required.
- Familiarity with the relevant public donors’ regulations will be considered as a plus.
- Knowledge of financial reporting software will be considered a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Demonstrated strengths in financial management with a strong client service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people and team-oriented environment.
- Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Able to express technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
- Strong customer orientation and oral and written communication.
- Able to adapt and learn.
- Ability to develop effective systems considering organizational effectiveness and impact on people.
- Maturity and discretion, able to work with, and maintain confidential information.
- Knowledge of or experience with social service programming preferred
Required Languages – Spoken proficiency in English and Ukrainian required.
Travel – Occasional travel within Ukraine may be requested.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Accountability, Protection, and Referral Officer
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Sr. Finance Officer-Partnership, Finance Manager and Finance Officers, CRS Program Manager, Head of Programs, Head of Operations, Country Representative, Safeguarding Technical Advisor, other Technical Advisors
External: Donors, partner organizations and Auditors
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer; CRS is always looking for qualified, diverse and compelling candidates to join our agency and support our great work.
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- Please note that applications will be continuously reviewed, and CRS reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția de auditor intern, Serviciul audit intern
- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Assistant/Associate
- Asociația Moldox te caută pe tine, Administrator în organizația noastră care aduce schimbării sociale!
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Financial Analyst – Capital Markets
- Project Analyst /Social Cohesion (NPSA-9) - Effective Governance Cluster- 16314
- Project Specialist/Local Public Administration Reform (NPSA-10) - UNDP Moldova/Building country resilience to shocks and increasing Government capacity to anticipate crises and recover better in a more inclusive way - 16401
- NRC is looking for Shelter Assistant Moldova Ocnita
- Local Consultants to Support Implementation of the E-File Module in All Moldovan Courts
- Caritas Moldova is hiring a Project Coordinator
- Data Collector - World Vision Moldova