The GIZ is looking for a Financial Specialist for its project “Info Trust Alliance Moldova”, which is financed by the German Government. The new GIZ Project aims to improve the capabilities of mandated state actors in Republic of Moldova to recognize and analyse disinformation and to implement appropriate countermeasures, if necessary, also on a cross-border basis (with Romania, Ukraine).
This position is expected to start on the 15th of October 2023 for a 12-month period, with the possibility of extension.
The primary role of the Financial Specialist is to facilitate the project´s implementation by assuring a sound financial management and efficient administrative support.
The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau. The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- ensuring that financial administration functions are in accordance with GIZ standard procedures and rules, and Moldovan legislation in force
- effectively coordinating activities with finance team at GIZ Country Office and within the project
- processing and managing all financing/cashflow related procedures
- organising for and monitoring correct implementation of financing instruments and procurements of services and goods
- ensuring the effective implementation of internal control and external audit procedures
- keeping the filing documents for all documents entrusted, both in paper and digital formats
- support the project manager in document management of the project commission folders (DMS and paper)
- resolving problems that arise in his/her area of responsibility on the basis of existing rules and draw attention to more complex challenges
- clearly communicating the relevant requirements, conditions and restrictions in terms of his/her capacity to act
- performing other general financial functions
- BA and/or Master’s degree in law, financial management, business administration or similar area
- at least 5 years general work experience involving financial and administrative management and contract processing
- be able to work autonomously and on own initiative while reporting regularly to the Project Manager and direct coordinator
- be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required
- be able to work to deadlines, under stress, and cheerfully
- excellent planner and implementer, capable of withstanding pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- good knowledge of written and oral English and Romanian; Russian or German would be an asset
- ability to interpret, translate in small groups or at small meetings desirable
- excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other)
- confidential handling of information on staff and finances
- willing and able to travel inside and outside the country for event support, when needed
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 09 October 2023, time 18:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy to support the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and Ministry of Education and Research in carrying out social policy reforms
- Programme Assistant, Branch Development and Volunteer Management for International Federation of the Red Cross
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova: Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- People in Need is hiring a Project Manager, Relief and Development Department /Civil Society and Good Governance
- Grants and Procurement Specialist / Chemonics International Inc
- Smm manager / copywritter
- Extended Term. Terms of reference for the selection of a group of consultants (one national and one international) for curriculum development and delivery of a Continuous Training Program to the personnel of the North Regional Centre for Integrated Assist
- Driver (GS3) - OHCHR Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă consultant/ă în raportări
- Legal Analyst