Translator (Written Documents)
(The equivalent of two full time positions will be filled and
applications will be accepted until the positions are filled)
USAID has awarded Dexis Consulting Group a task order to provide technical assistance to “Support the Pre-Vetting Secretariat” (SPVS). Assistance in the SPVS program will consist of the establishment and on-going support of a Secretariat responsible for the investigation, analysis, and review of the integrity of candidates to the self-governing bodies of judges and prosecutors – the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) and the Superior Council of Prosecutors (SCP), respectively. Authority for the pre-vetting process is embedded Law 26/2022 and pre- vetting decisions are conducted by an independent Evaluation Commission (EC) made up of three (3) national and three (3) international members. The primary working language of the Commission is English, and the international members require translation of documents received in Romanian. The Secretariat operates on a full-time basis and translators must be available a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Dexis will hire any combination of qualified individuals up to the equivalent of two full time positions.
Translators will be responsible for:
- Producing highly accurate written translation of legal and other project related texts from Romanian to English and vice-versa, including excellent vocabulary, syntax, expression, and grammar, as well as all relevant technical terminology.
- Proofreading translations and ensure that no typographical errors are left in the final text. Ensure consistency of translation between documents.
- Produce a minimum of 7-10 pages of translation per day.
- Fluency in English and Romanian,
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in written translation.
- An understanding of advanced legal vocabulary required.
- Ability to pass a written skills test
Applicants should be aware of the following:
1. All job offers will be contingent upon successfully passing a background check from the National Anti-Corruption Centre (NAC) and three professional references.
2. Translators employed on a full-time basis may take a leave of absence and/or suspend their contractual obligations from their current place of work for the duration of this contract but may not be actively engaged with, nor paid by, any other organization during the contract period.
Translators employed on a less than full time basis must provide information re: other employment to ensure no conflict of interest exists.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit
- A cover letter highlighting relevant experience.
- A current CV in English.
To: firstname.lastname@example.org and should note “Moldova Translator” in the email subject line. This position is open to Moldovan Nationals only. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.