CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Reference code SVN2023-34
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Livelihood and Inclusion Assistant
General Service Staff
Type of Appointment
Special Short-Term Ungraded
Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
21 November 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Following the launch of military operations across Ukrainian territory on 24 February 2022, substantive flows and displacements across Ukraine and toward neighbouring countries have been reported in the following days. As response to the Ukrainian crisis, IOM Chisinau has increased operational activities which required additional staff for the scale up and smooth implementation of its humanitarian and development work considering the migration dynamics in Moldova related to the Ukraine crisis.
As per the IOM Moldova country strategy and the Refugee Response Plan for Moldova, IOM is recruiting a Livelihood and Inclusion Assistant to support the day-to-day implementation of livelihood and economic integration activities targeting Ukrainian refugees, Third Country Nationals (TCN), other migrants and host communities.
Under the general supervision of the Emergency Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Livelihood and Inclusion Officer, the successful candidate will lead the beneficiary identification, registration, enrolment, technical and material day to days support at field level for livelihood project activities in selected districts.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the identification, registration, longlisting, shortlisting, enrolment, monitoring and follow up of livelihood beneficiaries.
- Support the elaboration and submission of the final list of livelihood beneficiaries to the IOM Cash Based Interventions Unit for proceeding the payments.
- Maintain regular contact with beneficiaries, community representative, local authorities to redress challenges, concerns on a regular basis.
- Collect data, compile periodic project progress updates, and timely communicate implementation challenges.
- Identify, prioritize, select, and follow up project beneficiaries among refugees and host communities with emphasis on the most vulnerable individuals and as per the established and agreed selection criteria, ensuring the equal access and participation of vulnerable women and youth.
- Elaborate, sign and keep the records for the beneficiary declaration concluded with each beneficiary.
- Collect from the applicants for small businesses the financial reports and information on staff for evaluation under the selection stage and submit the reports to the Grant committee members.
- Be the secretary of the Grant committee and prepare the folders with the business plans, financial reports and results/pictures from the evaluation visits to the potential beneficiaries of small grants.
- Answer to the calls on Livelihood activities referred by the Call Center.
- Collect the documents from the selected consultants, experts and construction companies for the elaboration and conclusion of the contracts.
- Support the elaboration of the Purchase requests for payments and Invoice payable orders under Livelihood unit.
- Support on preparation of Purchase Requisition Forms (PRFs) for project goods and services in coordination with relevant parties for approval.
- Take notes during meetings, produce accurate meeting minutes and/or meeting key points,
- Administrative support to the ad-hoc and regular team travel – arrangement of logistics – in accordance with the mission policy.
- Write and document case stories and human stories on good practices and experiences, and provide inputs on project information and documentation.
- Assist timely procurement, delivery, dispatch and distribution of beneficiary entitlement goods, equipment, tools, and supplies including cross-checking on quality, quantity, standard and type against plans.
- Work in close collaboration with other IOM Units and programmes to strengthen integrated area-based approach.
- Monitor the day-to-day livelihood activities, ensure daily, weekly, monthly data collection and reporting on project activities.
- Prepare regular reports for donors, communication purposes, partners.
- Perform other duties as required for the successful implementation of the project.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Social Sciences, Economics, International Relations, Business Administration, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, or related fields from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Experience on livelihood support to vulnerable communities and individuals is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things;
- Problem—solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and difficult conditions.
For this position, fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Ukrainian is an advantage.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies: Behavioural indicators – Level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearances and a valid COVID certification.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the Personal History form https://civic.md/userfiles/attachments/14191/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 21 November 2023.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the Personal History Forms duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 07.11.2023 to 21.11.2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator, pe durată determinată, Direcția deservirea operațiunilor
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția vacantă de contabil superior, Secția contabilitate și raportare financiară
- Project Manager, A.O. „CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale", Full-time (40h/week)
- Job pentru tineri
- Apel public pentru achiziționarea echipamentului tehnic
- Asociația Moldox te caută pe tine, Administrator în organizația noastră care aduce schimbării sociale!
- Project Associate (multiple posts) - NPSA7 - UNDP Moldova/Flood Management - 15777
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on Gender/GBV, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- Extended- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Officer, Opinion Research & Infotegrity
- Project Associate - Accelerating Digital Transformation in Public Sector in the Republic of Moldova