Grants and Procurement Specialist (Chemonics International in Moldova)
Chemonics seeks a Grants and Procurement Specialist for the USAID Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA)
The Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming, building on lessons learned and adaptions, relationships, and local partner trust achieved by previous programs over the past 15 years. Building on previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses global market systems framework to continue to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA works in the following sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
The Grants and Procurement Specialist shall coordinate with Project technical staff to ensure that funds spent on grants and procurements are managed in compliance with applicable USAID and Chemonics policies and regulations and in a responsible, effective and efficient manner, contributing to the achievement of the Project’s goals and objectives. The Specialist will oversee funding obligations, administrative management, grant applications, selection processes, negotiations, and grants awards. The Specialist will also advise and assist in the design, development, and oversight of the Project’s grants and procurement management policies, procedures and practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises on and supports the development of a grants manual that discusses the technical and administrative parameters of the FTA grants program, types of grants, target recipient groups and activities, selection criteria, roles and responsibilities, etc.
- Establishes and maintains a tracking system for preparation of Requests for Applications (RFAs) and other solicitations, evaluation of grant proposals, grantee selection, grant awards, monitoring of grantee performance, and grants deliverable payments
- Coordinates with Project technical staff, including the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chiefs of Party (DCOP) and Program Services Director to prepare and update the grants pipelines in line with expected FTA results and outcomes and to inform budget forecasts.
- Advises on appropriate grants mechanisms for funding specific program activities
- Analyzes grant applications, proposals, and awards to ensure adherence to Project grant management policies and procedures and Chemonics guidelines, as well as USAID rules and regulations
- Reviews and analyzes grant budgets for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency. Coordinates with the finance team to negotiate budgets and conditions of grant execution with potential grantees
- Monitors grantees to ensure compliance with USAID and Chemonics grants administrative requirements, including conducting site visits for internal audits and responsibility determinations in coordination with the finance team.
- When necessary, mentors and/or provides targeted training to grantees, ensures they are provided with suitable technical advice and assistance to utilize grant funds comply with requirements of proper project management in order to adhere to U.S. Government regulations and FTA goals and objectives.
- Recommends improvements to grants management policies, procedures and practices, as necessary
- Works with FTA staff to identify procurement and consulting services needs
- Following FTA procurement guidelines and templates, prepares requests for proposals, including development of proposal evaluation criteria.
- Identifes potential vendors, suppliers, and local consultants
- Forms selection committees and facilitates review of proposals
- Drafts selection memos, sole-source justification and negotiation memos as required, and other justifications.
- Issues purchase orders and subcontracts to vendors and issue service agreements to local consultants.
- Ensures supplier compliance with FTA requirements.
- Monitors timely delivery of goods and services and prepares acts of completion/acceptance reports.
- Maintains procurement trackers and files, local consultants’ trackers and files, and the FTA inventory list.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in grant/subcontract oversight experience and financial management, preferably on USAID or other donor-funded projects in a similar position in terms of the job tasks and responsibilities outlined above
- Advanced degree in law, business, finance, accounting, economics or related field
- Strong analytical skills, including experience using statistical software and data visualization applications preferred
- Ability to coordinate with external partners and monitor subcontractors and grantees
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Grants and Procurement Specialist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Posturi vacante ANRE (termen-limită 09.06.2023)
- Менеджер по работе с дилерами (B2B)
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova/ Joint Project Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis and top-ups from SDC and Japan Supplementary Budget
- UNDP Moldova: Procurement Associate (NPSA7) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- APSCF contractează prestator de servicii de consultanță privind elaborarea politicii de salarizare
- Specialist Protecție Date cu Caracter Personal
- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Assistant/Associate
- Terre des hommes Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Asistent Social
- Termen extins: CNPAC angajează Ofițer de proiect – entry-level
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Associate - Energy, Environment and Climate Change Cluster