Communication Manager on Youth Programmes is responsible for overall communication and visibility related to Adolescents and Youth Portfolio of UNFPA Moldova Country Office in full compliance with UNFPA Global Communication Strategy, UNFPA Country Office Communication Strategy, and corporate Guidelines.
The Communication Manager on Youth Programmes leads the strategic design, planning, and implementation of effective communication for Adolescents and Youth Portfolio to contribute to achieving strategic objectives and results of the Portfolio.
He/she works under the direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Youth and in close coordination and secondary supervision of the UNFPA Communications Analyst, and close collaboration with all programmes and communication teams.
As the Communication Manager on Youth Programmes, you would be responsible for:
A. Ensuring efficient programme’s visibility and results communication:
- Leading the development, coordination, and implementation of the portfolio communication strategy and action plans.
- Ensuring proactive and systematic strategic communication of youth portfolio results, in coordination with programme team, to position UNFPA in relevant youth areas.
- Developing and maintaining meaningful communication with national stakeholders, including the Parliament, Government, Ministry of Education and Research, National Agency for Youth Programs Development and Youth Work, vocational and general education sectors, local public authorities, National Network of Youth Centers, civil society organizations, young people, UN agencies, implementing partners, donors and other stakeholders working with and for young people.
- Assisting, when necessary, programme implementing partners in strategic communication and advocacy messages related to the portfolio objectives and ensuring the coherence of communication strategies, providing capacity building to implementing partners if required.
- Developing and coordinating concepts for awareness, behaviour change, and advocacy campaigns to facilitate the implementation of the youth programs. Coordinating the production of relevant communication products (TV/radio spots, social media materials, information leaflets, etc).
- Ensuring communications on social media, traditional and non-traditional media.
- Working with the selected suppliers (including individual consultants) for the provision of communication goods and services.
- Developing consolidated and strategic key messages for the youth portfolio and drafts fact sheets and information briefs.
B. Developing and implementing programme advocacy activities:
- Developing articles, press releases, human interest stories, social media content, and other advocacy/information materials of the project (factsheets, video materials, infographics, leaflets, etc.).
- Organizing field trips, including with national and local media, to document good practices and seeks the involvement of decision-makers and donors for greater programmatic impact, advocacy, and positioning of programme’s agenda.
- Organizing public events involving main stakeholders and beneficiaries to generate awareness about the programme’s objectives and facilitate the overall implementation.
- Creating innovative partnerships at the national and local levels by involving relevant influencers, celebrities, and key public figures, to support the programme.
Carrying out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership, contributes to the portfolio's efficient implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree (or the equivalent of five years university degree) in communications, journalism, public relations, social policies, or a related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of relevant experience in the field of communication, journalism, and public relations.
- Experience in managing the communication activities of development projects, preferably on social issues.
- Experience in communication on issues such as youth, gender equality, and life skills development would be a strong advantage.
- Good understanding and experience in using innovative media tools, including social media, blogs, vlogs, or any other innovative tools.
- Experience in working with the UN would be a strong advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant to Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian, or sign language is an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-based programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
- Providing strategic vision and focus,
- Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people / Creating a culture of performance,
- Making decisions and exercising judgment.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters, or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic, or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 6 December 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- APSCF contractează servicii de consultanță în domeniul planificării strategice
- Request for Proposals for Raising awareness events - communications specialist services
- Treasury Assistant at Safeguard Global
- HR Officer – World Vision Moldova
- Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs de selectare a unei companii de audit care va efectua auditul financiar general al organizației
- Driver (G2) Roster Call - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office Moldova
- Programme Specialist – IT, Immigration and Border Governance (IBG), IOM Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de șef-adjunct de direcție, Direcția gestionarea rezervelor valutare