The World Food Programme (WFP) is a UN humanitarian organization that provides food aid in the form of cash, certificates or food to war-affected communities. In its activities, WFP is guided by the humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence. Building on the passion, commitment and professionalism of its 24,000 employees worldwide, the World Food Programme (WFP) works in more than 123 countries and territories to deliver food to people displaced by conflict or affected by disasters. In addition, WFP helps affected communities find radical solutions to the many challenges they face while building a better future.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
🚩 Vacancy Announcement No:830097
📢 Job Title: Business Support Associate (Assistant to the Country Director)
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract (SC6)
➡️ Unit / Division: Management
📍 Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
⏰ Closing date: 10 November 2023, midnight (Central European Time)
❗❗ The position is only open to Moldovan nationals or residents of Moldova, with a legal work permit
🔄 Successful candidates will be placed on the roster and rostered applicants may be contacted in the upcoming 12 months on an as-needed basis, for immediate opportunities.
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian organization saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity, for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
What will you do in this position?
As the key administrative support to the WFP Moldova Representative & Country Director, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining full confidentiality, managing information flow, and following up on deadlines and commitments. The incumbent will also facilitate knowledge building and management; provide logistical support; support communications; and coordinate secretarial services. Under direct guidance of the Representative & Country Director, the postholder provides critical senior level, administrative, secretarial and communications support.
Why work with us?
Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government's shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country until August 2023. The TiCSP is likely to be followed by an Interim Country Strategic Plan (iCSP), with an anticipated duration of up to 2 years (end 2025.)
➡️ WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
➡️ WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
➡️ WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
➡️ A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
➡️ WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus a medical insurance.
How can you make a difference?
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Ensuring optimal communication flows between the WFP Moldova &; Country Director and the staff of the CO, as well as external counterparts. In consultation with other heads of unit, responding to requests for information, in a timely, discrete manner.
- Support preparation of documentation and presentations, including correspondence, briefs, and reports, and researching and collating material to meet the WFP Moldova Representative &; Country Director's needs for official trips and meetings.
- Undertaking logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements in consultation with the Head of Support Services, for meetings and workshops organized by the WFP Moldova Representative & Country Director's Office.
- Managing the WFP Moldova Representative & Country Director's calendar and schedule of appointments; receiving high-ranking visitors/officials; and taking minutes as required.
- Managing all aspects of the WFP Moldova Representative & Country Director's travel arrangements, including maintaining appropriate files and reports and monitoring the budget of the Representative's Office.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by WFP Moldova &; Country Director.
To join us in saving and changing lives, you have:
Education: Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree is desirable.
Experience: Six years of relevant experience in administration. Some experience in research assistance is desired.
Language: Fluency in Romanian, Russian and English (read, write and speak).
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Moldova. Qualified women applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
How do you apply...
To be considered, you are invited to apply via this link CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
Only those who are short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps of our recruitment process.
We also encourage you to create your candidate profile and set up WFP job alerts to learn more about all the opportunities available to join us and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
WFP Leadership Framework
These are the shared standards of behavior that guide how we work together to accomplish our mission.
|Lead by example with integrity
|Obtain results and respect your commitments
|Foster inclusive and collaborative teamwork
|Apply strategic thinking
|Establish and maintain lasting partnerships
Lives the values of WFP and demonstrates humanity and integrity by setting an example of caring for others.
Respect your commitments and adapt easily to change.
Is open to all and collaborative and contributes to a culture of learning and personal development.
Demonstrate commitment to gathering perspectives, analyzing options and risks, and proposing new ways of doing things.
Establish and maintain external partnerships and collaborate with partners to achieve common goals.
Behavioral expectations vary depending on your rank and role/responsibility within WFP.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP's standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process, including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- USAID hires employee to review payment requests, ensure that invoices or claims are valid, properly authorized, and processed timely and accurately.
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de auditor intern
- United Nations World Food Programme Moldova: Finance Associate SC6 (G6 level)
- Anunț de angajare: specialist/specialistă în comunicare în cadrul CICDE
- Project Specialist/Local Public Administration Reform (NPSA-10) - UNDP Moldova/Building country resilience to shocks and increasing Government capacity to anticipate crises and recover better in a more inclusive way - 16401
- USAID MISRA is looking for an ICT Consultant/Analyst - Competition Council needs assessment study
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al direcției reglementare
- Grants and Procurement Specialist / Chemonics International Inc
- USAID MISRA is looking for an HR Manager
- Project Communications Analyst (NPSA-8) – UNDP Moldova/Green Transition