The World Food Programme (WFP) is a UN humanitarian organization that provides food aid in the form of cash, certificates or food to war-affected communities. In its activities, WFP is guided by the humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence. Building on the passion, commitment and professionalism of its 24,000 employees worldwide, the World Food Programme (WFP) works in more than 123 countries and territories to deliver food to people displaced by conflict or affected by disasters. In addition, WFP helps affected communities find radical solutions to the many challenges they face while building a better future.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
🚩 Vacancy Announcement No:830092
📢 Job Title: Finance Officer
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract
➡️ Unit / Division: Support Services
📍 Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
⏰ Closing date: 10 November 2023, midnight (Central European Time)
❗❗ The position is only open to Moldovan nationals or residents of Moldova, with a legal work permit
🔄 Successful candidates will be placed on the roster and rostered applicants may be contacted in the upcoming 12 months on an as-needed basis, for immediate opportunities.
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian organization saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity, for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
What will you do in this position?
To support the stewardship of WFP's resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting, analyzing, reporting and providing core administrative support to enable effective management of funds and ensure assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective way possible.
Why work with us?
Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government's shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country until August 2023. The TiCSP is likely to be followed by an Interim Country Strategic Plan (iCSP), with an anticipated duration of up to 2 years (end 2025.)
➡️ WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
➡️ WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
➡️ WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
➡️ A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
➡️ WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus a medical insurance.
How can you make a difference?
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
1. Support corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
2. Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
3. Analyse and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
4. Monitor and analyse budgets for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
5. Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
6. Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
7. Where necessary, undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
8. Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, in order to provide management with financial, accounting and budgetary information to enable them to make informed decisions.
9. Track and analyse data to identify opportunities for improvements to policies, systems and procedures in order to minimise financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with business objectives.
10. Deliver financial controls and insight into WFP performance, undertaking periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas which may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks.
11. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
12. Represent unit/CO at internal meetings, external meetings and events with other UN agencies, banks and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
13. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
14. Other as required.
To join us in saving and changing lives, you have:
Education: Master's degree in finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or a bachelor's degree in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
Experience: With a master's degree, at least 03 years of postgraduate experience in Finance, Accounting or in a related field or a bachelor's degree with 05 years of experience in the same fields.
Language: Fluency in Romanian, Russian and English (read, write and speak).
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Moldova. Qualified women applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
How do you apply...
To be considered, you are invited to apply via this link. CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
Only those who are short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps of our recruitment process.
We also encourage you to create your candidate profile and set up WFP job alerts to learn more about all the opportunities available to join us and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
WFP Leadership Framework
These are the shared standards of behavior that guide how we work together to accomplish our mission.
|Lead by example with integrity
|Obtain results and respect your commitments
|Foster inclusive and collaborative teamwork
|Apply strategic thinking
|Establish and maintain lasting partnerships
Lives the values of WFP and demonstrates humanity and integrity by setting an example of caring for others.
Respect your commitments and adapt easily to change.
Is open to all and collaborative and contributes to a culture of learning and personal development.
Demonstrate commitment to gathering perspectives, analyzing options and risks, and proposing new ways of doing things.
Establish and maintain external partnerships and collaborate with partners to achieve common goals.
Behavioral expectations vary depending on your rank and role/responsibility within WFP.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP's standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process, including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Asociația Promo-LEX angajează Analist/ă juridic/ă în domeniul electoral și procese democratice
- HelpAge Moldova angajează Ofițer Comunicare și Relații cu Publicul
- Internews în Moldova angajează Specialist în Finanțe
- Communications Assistant for USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) project (extended period)
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- PR&Communication Manager/ ZIPHOUSE Fashion Innovation Hub
- Instituția Publică Centrul de Consiliere Agricola și Rurală anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de Consultant științific
- Project & PSS Officer for an international NGO
- RoI Consultant for Developing technical requirements for upgrading e-Permits platform at the national-level and rolling out at local level, under the World Bank Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project
- Policy Specialist