Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Communications and Media Director for USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) project. The goal of RCRA is to stimulate a sustainable and inclusive recovery from the regional crisis brought on by the latest Russian invasion of Ukraine and accelerate an inclusive, climate-resilient economic development of rural Moldova by protecting the development gains made with USAID support over the past decade and further stimulate the competitiveness of key economic sectors, including the wine industry, high-value agriculture, and tourism.
Moldova RCRA is implemented by USAID contractor Chemonics International Inc. (www.chemonics.com), a U.S.-based international consulting firm providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries since 1975.
The Communications and Media Director will lead RCRA strategic communications efforts and serve as a leader for organizing RCRA events and activities with counterparts. S/he will be part of the RCRA Senior Management Team and supervise the Media Partnerships and Strategic Communications Specialist and Communications Assistant.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- In coordination with RCRA leadership, and consultants as applicable, implement a comprehensive project Strategic Communications plan and revise on an ongoing basis as needed. Train RCRA staff on said plan and ensure overall project implementation of said plan.
- Through creative use of digital and media tools, including through partnerships among media, sector associations, and the private sector, ensure strategic use of communications to achieve project objectives, including:
- Accelerate export diversification and Western-market integration in targeted sectors (agriculture, tourism, wine);
- Engage young people, women, and people living in Russian-speaking regions in agricultural and tourism professional and educational activities;
- Share evidence, spur dialogue, and communicate program updates and experiences to coordinate and inform action to build an integrated rural development through the tourism, wine, and agricultural sectors in Moldova, that align with EU standards;
- Contribute to national pride, social cohesion conducive to synergy creation for rural development and prosperity;
- Promote the assistance from the American people.
- Ensure inclusivity and accessibility of communications for all audiences.
- Develop and maintain appropriate communication templates and ensure project compliance with USAID branding and marking requirements.
- Work with other project team members to develop communications activities which support the implementation of their target activities.
- As requested, prepare initial draft project reports and deliverables (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual) and work with Team Leaders and Chief of Party (COP) to ensure that reports are finalized and submitted to USAID in compliance with RCRA’s reporting requirements.
- Ensure the proper documentation of all project and project-supported activities through visual media (e.g., photographs and video).
- Manage development of project related success stories or videos.
- Design and maintain relevant RCRA social media tools (Facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc.) in accordance with local regulations and USAID branding guidelines.
- Advise RCRA management on the selection of public information campaigns media (including television/radio advertisements, posters, etc.).
- Organize public events such as opening ceremonies, MOU or partnership agreement signings, USAID/USG delegate site visits, etc. with assistance from the operations team as needed.
- Organize and ensure media coverage of RCRA activities.
- Manage relationships with media.
- Prepare media content with input from technical teams for all promotional and public outreach materials for the project, including fact sheets, press releases, success stories, leaflets, brochures, etc., and supervise their production and distribution.
- Write press releases and other content for RCRA promotional campaigns.
- Draft press releases, talking points, and briefing books for USAID attended activities, and obtain necessary USAID clearance for publicity pieces.
- Provide relevant communications trainings for RCRA beneficiaries.
- Perform other tasks on an ad hoc basis that are consistent with this position description (i.e., of a communications or public outreach nature) and the general requirements of the project, as requested by the Chief of Party.
- Comply with Chemonics’s standards of business conduct and ensure the highest levels of honesty, integrity, openness, and transparency in administering procurement decisions.
- Respect and abide by all the internal regulations of Chemonics Office in Moldova as expressed in the Chemonics International Moldova Field Office Policy Manual.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field, preferably on USAID or other donor-funded projects;
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field;
- Demonstrated capacity to target different audiences and to tailor communications accordingly;
- Strong knowledge on effective use of social media, including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook, etc.;
- The capacity to interact effectively with a wide range of counterparts including government, local businesses, non-governmental organizations, sector associations, etc.;
- Writing, editing, photography, networking, and social media skills;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite and Office 365;
- Experience working in one or more RCRA technical sectors (high value agriculture, wine, tourism) preferred;
- Supervisory experience, skilled in training and mentoring junior staff;
- Adaptable and willing to learn new skills as needed;
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English required (position will require extensive use of written English); Proficiency in Russian is a plus.
- Proven ability to work professionally and constructively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in challenging environment;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
The position will report to the RCRA Chief of Party.
Please send an email with a cover letter and your CV in English attached and “Communications and Media Director” in the subject line to MDA-RCRA-Recruit@chemonics.md by October 6, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy to support the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and Ministry of Education and Research in carrying out social policy reforms
- Programme Assistant, Branch Development and Volunteer Management for International Federation of the Red Cross
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova: Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- People in Need is hiring a Project Manager, Relief and Development Department /Civil Society and Good Governance
- Grants and Procurement Specialist / Chemonics International Inc
- Smm manager / copywritter
- Extended Term. Terms of reference for the selection of a group of consultants (one national and one international) for curriculum development and delivery of a Continuous Training Program to the personnel of the North Regional Centre for Integrated Assist
- Driver (GS3) - OHCHR Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă consultant/ă în raportări
- Legal Analyst