Position Title: Education Manager
Location: Kishinev, Moldova
Type of Employment: Full-Time, 12 months with possibility of extension
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading humanitarian aid organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict, and disaster, helping them to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC seeks to be an operational and inspiring leader in matters of resettlement, asylum, and integration, demonstrating its credibility and expertise as a leading service provider, partner and advocate across the arc of the global displacement crisis. IRC currently operates in the U.S., Africa, Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. For a complete listing of countries in which IRC operates and supports refugee programs, please visit http://www.rescue.org/where Across Europe, the IRC delivers programs that address acute humanitarian needs of asylum-seekers and other vulnerable migrants who are newly arrived, stranded or in transit, and programs that address their longer-term integration needs. Since the conflict in Ukraine started in February 24, 2022, which brought the consequent displacement into neighboring countries, the IRC new programs on protection and Refugee Info East Europe programs are being established to address the most pressing needs of people on the move across South-East Europe. IRC continues to use its voice and expertise to increase safe and legal pathways, ensure protection and improve the quality of resettlement, asylum and integration services. The programs areimplemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Education Manager will be responsible for overall management and technical support to maintain and expand IRC's Education programming in Moldova.
The Education Manager will lead the IRC’s education sector intervention to ensure quality and effectiveness of program implementation and accountability, strengthen harmonization between national initiatives and interventions delivered in the field, and ensure timely implementation of project activities. This is a full-time staff position based in Chisinau, Moldova, with occasional travel to the field locations as necessary, and reports to the Head of Office.
The IRC's protection and education programs in Moldova include programming focused on the support to primary, non-formal, and emergency education, educator professional development, and systems strengthening, all in line with commitments in the Ukrainian Crisis Response Plan. The programs are implemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions. Through joint and partner-led interventions, IRC provides funding, and establishes joint strategies that respond to the priority needs of refugees and internally displaced persons.
Program design, delivery and management:
- Overall coordination and technical support to joint and partner-led education programming within IRC to ensure timely and quality set-up, budget management, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Lead education program design processes that ensure programs are evidence-based, appropriate to context and in compliance with IRC strategies, international education standards and national policies.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems are developed and implemented in all programs and partnerships, that data are captured in an accurate & efficient manner, so programs are continually tailored.
- Overall responsibility for education program budgets (budget forecasting, utilization, and budget follow-ups) and reporting in accordance with IRC and donor regulations.
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess joint and partner-led programming and identify implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required with tailored technical support to partner NGOs.
Capacity building and technical support:
- Build capacity of the team and partner NGOs in the different selected program methodologies, and provide ongoing coaching and support of staff to ensure high-quality program implementation.
- Promote partnership principles throughout the project cycle management and put in place organizational capacity assessments and plans for education implementing partners where possible.
- Lead in identification of funding opportunities and coordinate closely with other staff to contribute to coherent management and growth of the overall programming in Moldova.
- Liaise with Education Technical Advisors regularly and proactively pursue technical guidance as needed.
Representation and coordination:
- Develop, maintain and/or initiate partnerships as relevant with community-based organizations, international and local NGOs, UN Agencies, potential and current donors, and relevant national bodies.
- Actively participate in and represent the IRC at education-related coordination meetings, ensuring proper dissemination of information and effective relationships among IRC staff, relevant partners, donors and relevant government institutions.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Min 2 years of professional experience of program management experience in Education. If within an NGO/INGO is considered a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing training and professional development opportunities for children & youth program professionals in person and online.
- Experience in managing, and mentoring staff – exemplifying good leadership and supervisory skills, teambuilding, and ensuring that roles and responsibilities within the team are clear.
- Experiencing contextualizing and adapting program models and tools to context. Strong knowledge and understanding of Minimum Standards for Education in Emergencies and evidence-basedpractices to support the learning and well-being of forcibly displaced children and youth.
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, as well as donor agencies, government officials, and other NGO’s; ability to work with a broad spectrum of people, including partners, education sector leaders and government staff.
- Proposal writing and analytical skills, including ability to communicate technical matters effectively.
- Fluent in spoken and written Romanian and English. Russian or Ukrainian language skills are a strong advantage. Have either lived or worked in Ukraine, Moldova or other neighboring countries, a plus.
- Willingness to travel to different cities within Moldova and Europe.
- Profiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Demonstrated dedication to an anti-racist and Do No Harm approach, gender equality and inclusion.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
Due to the urgency of the recruitment, candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis and IRC reserves the right to conclude the recruitment with a qualified candidate prior to the deadline.
Deadline to apply: November 30, 2022.
All interested applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter following the link below: