Smart Manufacturing Specialist/Chemonics International
Smart Manufacturing Specialist
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s and the Government of Sweden’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming in Moldova, building on lessons learned, adaptions, progress, and relationships of previous programs over the past 15 years. Continuing previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA fosters the integration of Moldova’s green, digital, and creative innovations across the entire economy, while also focusing on the development of five target sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media. The Moldova Future Technologies Activity is funded by USAID and Sweden, and implemented by Chemonics International, Inc.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Smart Manufacturing Specialist will support and manage activities of the project related to light (fashion) industry, lifestyle industry, furniture production, and other traditional manufacturing industries, with the goal of increasing the competitiveness, innovation, and digitalization of companies in these industries.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop activities to increase the competitiveness, innovation, and digitalization of the light, furniture, lifestyle, and traditional manufacturing industries;
- Support Business Associations and Innovation Centers (i.e.,: APIUS- Light Industry Association, ZIPHOUSE, Uniunea Producatorilor de Mobila din Moldova, Asociația Patronală din Industria Prelucrătoare (APIP), and others) in strengthening their institutional capacity to support these industries;
- Support Business Associations to identify new partnerships and support programs to increase the association’s sustainability;
- Develop grant activities to increase the competitiveness of business and business support organizations in these sectors, including supporting them to digitalize and automate their processes, and supervise the grantees in implementing the grant activities, including providing technical assistance;
- Support the grantees in designing and implementing industry and external promotion activities, including participation at international exhibitions as well as promotional activities on the local market;
- Develop industry strategy and exports tactics, in collaboration with industry associations and key stakeholders;
- Support industry Business Associations and Innovation Centers to implement training programs for the manufacturing industry, including identifying the themes for trainings, local and international trainers and organizing the training activities;
- Develop content programs for leading industry organizations to increase the competitiveness of companies operating in the sector;
- Draft concepts for project activities, including budgets and detailed activity implementation plans;
- Develop Scopes of Work for local and international consultants and other service providers that will provide technical assistance/services for the industries, and manage the quality of services provided;
- Oversee engagement and cooperation with external stakeholders that are involved in industry development activities, including partners from government, private sector, international stakeholders, donor partners, and the education system;
- Share input with FTA’s Communication and Marketing Specialists and monitoring and evaluation team related to activities;
- Contribute to annual workplans, budgets, and reports for the manufacturing industries; and
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Relevant experience in the abovementioned industries, (i.e. light, lifestyle, or furniture industry, or traditional manufacturing industries);
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience; project management experience is highly preferred;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies relevant to increasing the innovation, automation, digitalization, and overall competitiveness of the manufacturing industries highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including business associations, the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others;
- Fluency in Romanian required and proficiency in English and Russian preferred, with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear reports and present them verbally; and
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Smart Manufacturing Specialist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Angajăm Șef/ă Centrul de Tineret Botanica
- Digital Communication Officer For The International Committee Of The Red Cross Organisation
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de raportarea financiară și managerială
- Specialist principal, Direcția servicii și lucru de tineret, Agenția Națională pentru Dezvoltarea Programelor și Activității de Tineret
- EcoContact: International Legal Expert to provide support in development of the Guideline on Appropriate Assessment of Habitats Directive
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Legal Consultant to support the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection (MLSP) in developing/improving inspection checklists
- APSCF anunță concurs pentru selectarea unei persoane juridice/fizice pentru prestarea serviciilor de audit financiar.
- Требуются работники на производстве в Комрате
- UNDP Moldova: Project Manager (NPSA9) - Moldova Sustainable Green Cities – Catalyzing investment in sustainable green cities in the Republic of Moldova using a holistic integrated urban planning approach (Green Cities Project)