People in Need (PIN) has been working in Moldova since 2003, providing development support to the local population in three focus areas: agriculture and economy, social protection and inclusion, and civil society empowerment and engagement. Since the conflict in Ukraine escalated in February and brought the consequent displacement into neighbouring countries, PIN started providing humanitarian assistance focusing on protection and cash transfers to host population. PIN has been implementing large scale multipurpose cash intervention reaching up to 40,000 people prior to the refugee influx and is now scaling up to extend the support to vulnerable families hosting refugees. Protection assistance focuses on psycho-social support for refugees and hosting population and support local civil society organisations who are working with refugees.
Position overview Summary of duties
Working under the supervision of Protection Programme Manager, the Protection Officer will support protection programming of the Ukraine refugee crisis, including protection mainstreaming. S/he will support capacity development efforts for PIN Moldova team including field staff.
- Perform regular field visits to assess the situation of the beneficiaries on the ground, monitor field activities, provide reports on field visits and share them when requested with direct supervisor, HER and relevant departments
- Support with any protection specific reporting requirements, drafting project documents including Terms of Reference, official letters, reports etc
- Participate in the design and implementation of various events and activities undertaken within the protection programme, including participation in needs assessments, programme evaluations and collaboration with other departments on research and assessment projects working closely with the Protection PM
- As requested by Protection Program Manager and the HER, liaise with partners and other stakeholders to support the implementation of protection activities and ensuring protection mainstreaming
- Contribute to sharing of experiences, lessons learned, and good practice across sites and from other PIN country programs and promotion of learning from relevant best practices internally and externally.
What we are looking for:
- Higher education in international development, community development, civil society strengthening, social sciences, law or other relevant fields
- Excellent command of English, Russian and Romanian, Ukrainian is an advantage Excellent writing skill; Excel, Word, Power Point;
- At least 3 years of work experience in positions that entail responsibility for resources or staff
- Experience working in partnerships with other organizations, teams, diverse groups of people; good awareness of different cultures
Duty Station: Chisinau, with periodical travel to other project destinations throughout Moldova
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary, each half year revised based on appraisal performance;
- 28 days annual leave + 6 additional days for medical care;
- Friendly work environment; Multinational team;
- Investments in your professional development.
Interested applicants must submit their CVs to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/9A2BB4B9F9/apply/
Deadline for application: November 02, 2022, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis. The application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone call inquiries are allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keep such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending a notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.