GIZ is looking for a Financial Specialist for the GIZ Country Office. This position is expected to start on the 01st of October 2022 for a 12 months period, with the possibility of extension.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- ensuring that financial administration functions are in accordance with GIZ standard procedures and local legislation in force,
- effectively coordinating activities with finance team of the GIZ Country Office,
- supporting with financial planning, monitoring, and accounting of GIZ projects,
- carrying out accounting tasks using WINPACCS accounting software and preparing month-end closings of accounts of the GIZ projects,
- organising for and monitoring the implementation of financing instruments (Financing Agreements, Local Subsidies), namely with the verification of monthly, intermediate, and final reports submitted by the project partner institutions,
- ensuring that official receipts, invoices, etc. are duly prepared and contain all information required as per GIZ rules, performing invoice check according to GIZ internal procedures,
- ensuring the effective implementation of internal control and external audit procedures,
- keeping the requested filing for all documents entrusted, both in paper and digital formats,
- updating the project financial information on the governmental Aid Management Platform,
- performing other general administrative and financial tasks at the request of his/her superior.
- BA and/or master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, or related field,
- at least 5 years general work experience involving financial and administrative management and contract/financing processing,
- previous experience with similar international organizations and accounting systems would be an advantage,
- be able to work autonomously and on own initiative in accordance with existing rules and procedures,
- be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required,
- excellent planner and implementer, capable of withstanding pressure and meeting tight deadlines,
- good knowledge of written and oral English and Romanian; Russian or German would be an asset,
- excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other),
- knowledge of accounting software (1C); knowledge of SAP and/or Winpaccs would be an asset,
- confidential handling of financial information,
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 20th of September 2022, time 15:00 to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.