Chemonics International Inc. seeks Multiple Technical and Operational Staff Members
Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Funded by USAID and Sweden
Technical and Operational Staff Members
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID’s and the Government of Sweden’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming in Moldova, building on lessons learned, adaptions, progress, and relationships of previous programs over the past 15 years. Continuing previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA fosters the integration of Moldova’s green, digital, and creative innovations across the entire economy, while also focusing on the development of five target sectors: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), precision engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
FTA – the largest technology and innovation focused program in Moldova – is expanding its team with new technical and operational staff to effectively work across its priority themes and sectors and achieve the goals of the activity. The focus areas for new potential positions may include:
- Access to finance and investment
- Green and sustainable economy
- Creative industries and digital media
- Communications, reporting and social media
- Accounting, finance and administration
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical staff members, depending on seniority level and final position description, will:
- Work with relevant technical teams and sector stakeholders to co-design, implement, and manage interventions
- Collaborate with sector stakeholders and other partners to scale successful initiatives
- Promote cross-sectoral collaboration and integration of cross-cutting themes into interventions such as gender and social inclusion, digitalization, sustainability, etc.
- Conduct regular quality control checks of implemented interventions
- Represent the activity with key stakeholders as required, including donors, host government counterparts, project vendors, and the international private sector as needed or requested
- Facilitate data collection, monitoring, and adaptation and learning with partners
- Participate in intervention and activity level collaboration, learning, and adaptation and contribute to activity reporting and annual planning
Operational staff members, depending on seniority level and final position description, will:
- Support the procurement team to coordinate the project’s procurement efforts, including technical procurements and procurements related to office administration.
- Ensure the highest levels of honesty, integrity, openness, and transparency in administering procurement, grants, finance, and other decisions.
- Coordinates with the technical team to collect and elaborate technical specifications and scopes of work for relevant procurements and financial transactions, develop Requests for Quotations/Proposal, coordinate evaluations of received offers, develop Purchase Orders, coordinate the review and approval of quality goods and services, liaise with vendors, and prepare final payment packages for review.
- Supports preparation of annual, quarterly, and monthly budgets and reforecasts for project operations expenses.
- Support the processing of accounting transactions according to the general principles of accounting and in adherence with Chemonics’ field accounting manual procedures.
- Prepare bank payments and corresponding accounting entries on a daily basis, as well as support with monthly bank reconciliation and budgeting processes in coordination with Finance Manager and Chemonics headquarters.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience required for junior level positions; minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience required for mid-level positions (position seniority and title to be determined based on team composition and experience of candidate)
- University degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and monitoring technical or operational initiatives
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed, to deliver on the assignment
- Demonstrated ability to write clear reports and present them verbally.
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “FTA Recruitment” in the subject line to email@example.com by June 24, 2022. Please indicate in the submission email which technical or operational areas are most interesting and relevant to your experience. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- CRS Moldova is hiring Techincal Adviser Education and Psychosocial Support
- Extended deadline: NDI Moldova Job Vacancy, Senior Program Assistant - Democratization
- UNDP Moldova: Procurement Associate (NPSA7) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- Compania Date Inteligente SRL angajează coordonator de proiect în Chișinău
- AAH is looking for a Logistics Assistant
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de statistica monetară și financiară aferentă activității companiilor de asigurări
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA6) - Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- Project Associate (NPSA 6) - UNDP Moldova/EU-Confidence Building Measures Project
- Institutul de Instruire în Dezvoltare „MilleniuM” caută psiholog/ ă
- Pestalozzi Children's Foundation from Moldova is looking for the Project Officer Emergency/Education 60-80%