The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is looking for Administrative Assistant within European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM), according to the Terms of Reference below, to start on 13 April 2020.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Moldova (change of location within the country might be required)
Type of Appointment: Service Contract
Organizational unit: Field Office Giurgiulesti (FOGU)
Expected duration of assignment: 13 April 2020 – 30 November 2020
Closing Date: 31 March 2020
Subscriber monthly fee: 1280 EUR
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of FOGU and overall supervision of the Chief of Administration the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in the Republic of Moldova. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Finance Specialist, HR Specialist, Procurement Specialist and Security Assistant of the EUBAM Admin Unit Chisinau for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Assure smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EU established operational rules and procedures;
- Participate in project activities preparation, implementation and follow up;
- Provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including visas, tickets, etc.) to the EUBAM experts;
- Collect, analyze and prepare background information for the Mission;
- Facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits, missions of the experts;
- Prepare Mission and project related correspondence;
- Maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.
- Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of projects related files;
- Contributing to the project annual and quarter work-plans preparation and reporting;
- Assure that the progress reporting is done in timely and quality manner based on the requirements of the IOM, project donors and Mission management;
- Facilitate project related training/learning activities;
- Provide oral and written translations from English into Romanian or Russian and vice versa as required by the project;
- Proofread and/or edit the project’s correspondence and other official documents;
- Readily accept temporary assignments involving travelling to other EUBAM Offices or Units within the country of deployment on demand;
- Perform other functions/tasks when required by the Head of FOGU.
- University Degree in foreign languages, business administration, international relations or other related field;
- At least 5 years of progressive experience, preferably in international environment;
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Romanian, and Russian languages is a must;
- Experience with technical assistance projects is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Physical aptness and willingness to travel and accept temporary assignments in other EUBAM Offices or Units within the country of deployment.
Email your IOM Personal History form (http://eubam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Personal-History-Form.xls) and cover letter in English to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Please note that for technical reasons EUBAM mailing server cannot accept applications submitted from email accounts hosted at mail.ru and yandex.ru.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications March 31, 2020; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner. The candidates who applied for this position earlier will be considered automatically, there is no need to re-apply.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.