Job Title: Communications Officer
Reports To: Director of Caritas Moldova
Contract Duration: 12 months
Country/Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV with email to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Communications Officer”.
About Caritas Moldova:
Caritas Internationalis is a confederation of 165 Catholic relief, development and social service organizations working to build a better world, especially for the poor and oppressed, in over 200 countries and territories. Caritas works without regard to creed, race, gender, or ethnicity, and is one of the world’s largest humanitarian networks.
Founded in 1995, Caritas Moldova is part of Caritas Internationalis and aims to carry out the charitable and social action of the Church - reaching out to the poor, vulnerable and excluded, regardless of race or religion, to build a world based on justice and fraternal love.
Caritas Moldova is seeking to hire a Communications Officer for a period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension, based on both funding availability and performance.
This position serves the purpose of developing a range of communications materials for Caritas Moldova. The communications officer will manage and oversee the development of timely, accurate, and compelling information for informational, fundraising, communications, and advocacy purposes. The role requires responding to urgent needs, as well as anticipating needs and opportunities for communicating with key donors and partners.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Develop a communications strategy to prioritize content and target audiences for Caritas Moldova communications.
- Respond to the fast-paced needs of communications during emergencies, with the adaptability to shift the focus of communications as the situation evolves.
- Identify key themes and messages to highlight as the response evolves – new subjects or topics of communications content that can illustrate the milestones and evolution of the situation /context.
- Provide updated emergency statistics, programming details, and other key information in the form of Situation Reports and other pieces.
- Travel to areas of Caritas programming to interview program participants and partners. Identify and write compelling human interest stories that provide a lens into the humanitarian needs and work of Caritas.
- Produce content for the Caritas website and social media platforms.
- Escort and work closely with photographers/videographers as needed.
- Support visiting delegations of donors, journalists, and VIPs to Caritas Moldova programs.
- Develop talking points for priority or sensitive issues.
- Support Caritas leadership on representational and other communications needs.
- Share content and coordinate with communications peers at Caritas partners/donors and CI for keeping them informed of Caritas's work and impact.
- High-quality writing skills.
- Flexibility to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Experience producing high-quality communications materials -- in print and/or online.
- Comfort level with interviewing people who are going through extreme hardship. An ability to approach interviews in a way that upholds the integrity of the person and never compromises the Caritas commitment to people’s dignity.
- Strong ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrates a proactive, collaborative, and flexible approach to work.
- Willing to work under pressure/ability to work on short deadlines as needed.
- Confidence to advise leadership on communications guidance in challenging situations, and to manage and respond to multiple demands from partners.
- Fluency in Romanian and English language.
- Proficient in PC software packages, especially the latest version of Microsoft Word and ideally Adobe, for creating and editing PDFs. Graphic design skills and/or PowerPoint a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with empathy and compassion.
- Observation and active listening skills and strong oral commutation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
Required Languages: Written and spoken proficiency in Romanian and English; knowledge of Ukrainian/ Russian will be considered an asset.
Travel: Must be willing and able to travel locally within Chisinau (or assigned rayon(s)).
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Ukrainian refugees, Caritas Moldova staff, Municipal or rayon government officials and workers.
Occasionally working with Parishes, UNHCR and working groups, and other faith-based and NGO actors
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Caritas talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Caritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Caritas is always looking for qualified, diverse, and compelling candidates to join our agency and support our great work.
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that Caritas requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- Please note that applications will be continuously reviewed, and Caritas reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Environmental, Social and Governance Officer
- RoI Consultant for Developing technical requirements for upgrading e-Permits platform at the national-level and rolling out at local level, under the World Bank Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal analiză risc sistemic
- Concurs extins de selectare a unui consultant pentru elaborarea strategiei de dezvoltare organizațională
- HelpAge Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unui/unei consultant/consultante pentru elaborarea unui raport de analiză calitativă a situației vârstnicilor privind necesitățile de îngrijire socio-medicală
- Asociația MAR anunță concurs pentru postul vacant Specialist în comunicare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de director-adjunct al Departamentului Supraveghere Bancară
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă elaborare modele economice
- Project Associate (multiple posts) - NPSA7 - UNDP Moldova/Flood Management - 15777
- Project & PSS Officer for an international NGO