Job title: Field Officer
Contract type: Local (full-time)
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: until June 30, 2024
Salary: from 30036 MDL gross
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Application deadline: December 12, 2023
GENERAL CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND:
HELVETAS is the largest Swiss nongovernmental organization with a dual mandate for long term development and humanitarian response. It has been present in Moldova since 2018 implementing projects in the field of market systems development in the field of agriculture.
Currently HELVETAS is implementing the project aiming at advanced socioeconomic integration of Ukrainian refugees and vulnerable Moldovans to increase independence from humanitarian assistance while promoting resilience and self-reliance for vulnerable populations. In this regard we are looking for a Field Officer to join our team.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Field Officer will ensure the seamless execution of project activities in Chisinau, Ialovenii, Anenii Noi, Balti, Soroca, Edinet, Ocnita, and Drochia, providing crucial support to the Project Manager in achieving project objectives. Will contribute to the successful delivery of training programs for NEA staff, facilitating the registration of vulnerable populations, and ensuring the accurate documentation of beneficiaries' data. Field Officer will foster strong coordination between NEA staff and external organizations, playing a key role in mapping existing employment and childcare services available for vulnerable populations. Will actively participate in the establishment and maintenance of partnerships with external organizations, facilitating smooth referrals and collaborative efforts for the benefit of Ukrainian refugees. Field Officer will contribute to impactful information dissemination campaigns, raising awareness about employment services and livelihood support among refugee and vulnerable Moldovan households. Support the development and testing of effective messages, utilizing various media channels to ensure the successful launch of information dissemination campaigns in the project areas. Will assist in the diligent monitoring of project activities, providing regular updates to the Project Manager on progress, challenges, and successes. Contribute to the development of comprehensive reports, ensuring accurate documentation of field activities, and supporting the identification of lessons learned for continuous improvement.
Objective 1: Implementation Support
- Assist in the implementation of project activities in the designated areas of Chisinau, Ialoveni, Anenii Noi, Balti, Soroca, Edinet, Ocnita, and Drochia under the guidance of the Project Manager.
- Support the execution of training programs for NEA staff on vulnerability assessment, livelihood pathways, case management, and referrals.
- Facilitate the registration of vulnerable populations, including refugees, with the NEA, ensuring accurate and comprehensive data collection
Objective 2: Coordination and Partnerships
- Collaborate with NEA staff and external organizations/actors to map existing employment and childcare services available for vulnerable populations.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining partnerships with external organizations that can support the employment needs of Ukrainian refugees.
- Contribute to the referral process, ensuring seamless coordination between NEA and external entities for the benefit of refugees.
Objective 3: Outreach and Communication
- Participate in capacity-building training for NEA staff to conduct information dissemination campaigns, raising awareness about employment services and livelihood support.
- Support the development and testing of messages to promote employment services among refugee and vulnerable Moldovan households.
- Actively contribute to the launch of information dissemination campaigns, utilizing various media channels to reach the target audience.
Objective 4: Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist in monitoring the progress of project activities, providing regular updates to the Project Manager.
- Contribute to the development of reports, including the documentation of challenges, successes, and lessons learned during the implementation of field activities.
Objective 5: Training and Capacity Building
- Participate in social capacity building training sessions, focusing on enhancing the inclusion of refugees and preventing tensions, for NEA employees.
- Support the delivery of training programs for vulnerable populations, including refugees, on business management, entrepreneurship, and related topics.
Objective 6: Documentation and Data Management
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of field activities, including beneficiary profiles, training sessions, and outreach events.
- Support the development and utilization of tools for needs assessment surveys and referrals to assist NEA staff in effectively serving vulnerable population
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Good skills and experience in all aspects of project cycle implementing, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in Romanian and Russian, both oral and written, including a good track record of report writing. English will be an asset.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to mitigate tensions, empathy and tolerance.
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team.
- Driving licence B category
- Experience in projects implementation and programme quality assurance, reporting Experience in livelihoods and/or social cohesion projects.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Experience in working with State Officials, public institutions and stakeholders, iNGOs, public institutions.
- Professional know-how and proven experience in working with a human rights-based working approach (working with vulnerable groups, leave no one behind), social inclusion, social cohesion, resilience, gender and prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH) and conflict sensitivity.
Please mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Send your application (resume and cover letter) in English to HR.Moldova@helvetas.org.
Please indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
*All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. It will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Environmental, Social and Governance Officer
- RoI Consultant for Developing technical requirements for upgrading e-Permits platform at the national-level and rolling out at local level, under the World Bank Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Competitiveness Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal analiză risc sistemic
- Concurs extins de selectare a unui consultant pentru elaborarea strategiei de dezvoltare organizațională
- HelpAge Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unui/unei consultant/consultante pentru elaborarea unui raport de analiză calitativă a situației vârstnicilor privind necesitățile de îngrijire socio-medicală
- Asociația MAR anunță concurs pentru postul vacant Specialist în comunicare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de director-adjunct al Departamentului Supraveghere Bancară
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă elaborare modele economice
- Project Associate (multiple posts) - NPSA7 - UNDP Moldova/Flood Management - 15777
- Project & PSS Officer for an international NGO