Vacancy Notice 2023-44
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Senior Human Resources Associate
General Staff Category, Grade G-6, UN Salary Scale
Type of Appointment
Fixed term one year, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
November 23, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO); and direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting the human resources function in Chisinau, Moldova.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Participate in evaluation of staffing needs in the office and assist in coordination of recruitment processes, including but not limited to, providing guidance to hiring managers on preparation of Terms of Reference, drafting and posting Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, screening and shortlisting applications, drafting interview protocols, preparing and administering written tests, taking part in interview panels as assigned, drafting candidates assessment forms, conducting reference checks, preparing job offers, administering recruitment mailbox, etc.
2. Carry-out and coordinate pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry on Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams and follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Service (Manila or Panama) on medical clearance, coordinate enrollment in insurance plans as appropriate, coordination and delivery of induction sessions, arrangement for security briefing, etc.
3. Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input, maintain and verify data based on approvals and supporting documentation; verify eligibility for allowances and other benefits, monitor and follow up on contractual situation and entitlements, and initiate and coordinate prompt actions; generate, edit and review reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
4. Monitor attendance and leave administration; generate, edit and analyse leave-related reports; respond to questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
5. Carry-out and monitor a wide range of Human Resource actions including but not limited to preparation of documentation for separation, classification, reclassification, promotion, disciplinary cases and coordinate with the Regional Office, Administrative Centers and Human Resource Management in Geneva as appropriate.
6. Prepare, coordinate and monitor all reports on personnel matters and submit timely to concerned parties; draft and review routine correspondence, letters, certifications, etc.; create and maintain a systematic way to archive Human Resources documents (electronic and hard copies). Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
7. Monitor compliance with the Staff Evaluation System and follow-up with staff and supervisor as needed; facilitate compliance by providing technical guidance on the use of the system.
8. Plan and coordinate the organization of Human Resources events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records. Participate in assessments of staff training and development needs.
9. Provide information to staff on their entitlements and responsibilities in line with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures. Respond to standard and more complex inquiries and refer the most sensitive ones as appropriate.
10. Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices. Provides comments on interpretation
11. Participate in inter-agency Human Resources related working groups as assigned.
12. Provide guidance and training to and coordinate and monitor work of new/junior staff in the unit.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with six years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with four years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills along with good organizational sill for recruitment management
- Data entry and verification skills
- Data analysis and report generation skills
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks
- Fluency in English and Romanian (oral and written). Working knowledge of Russian is an advantage.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, security clearances, and a valid COVID certification.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the Personal History Form https://civic.md/userfiles/attachments/14191/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 23 November 2023.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the Personal History Forms duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 16.11.2023 to 23.11.2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Extended term: Child Protection Specialist
- NRC is looking for Shelter Assistant Moldova Ocnita
- Project Manager (NPSA-10) - UNDP Moldova/Digitalization in Support of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection’s “Restart” Reform" - 15967
- Anunț concurs pentru post vacant Instituția Publică Centrul de Consiliere Agricola și Rurală invită un Cercetător științific superior, pasionat de inovație și excelență în cercetarea agricolă, pentru a se alătura echipei noastre și a contribui la avansar
- A.O. „Femei pentru Femei” este în căutarea unei Comunicatoare / unui Comunicator
- Environmental, Social and Governance Officer
- Office Manager
- Anunț concurs pentru post vacant Instituția Publică Centrul de Consiliere Agricola și Rurală (CCAR) este în căutare de un profesionist dinamic și dedicat, pentru poziția de Șef/ă de Secție la secția „Inovare și transfer de cunoștințe” în cadrul instituție
- Dreamups angajează: Videograf/Companie de producție video
- Manager servicii de plasament de tip rezidențial copii A.O.„CONCORDIA.Proiecte Sociale”