Special Vacancy Notice 2023-23 (extended)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Senior Program Associate (Protection/Information Management (IM)/Reporting)
General Staff Category, Grade G-6, UN Salary Scale
Type of Appointment
Short term, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
November 30, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Programme Coordinator in Moldova and the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator (Operations); and in collaboration with other units at IOM Moldova, the Senior Program Associate (Protection/IM/Reporting) will support all data management and data analysis related to Protection Program.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support strategic and operational decision making by processing and analysing data and information on vulnerable refugees, third-country nationals assisted by IOM and its implementing partners.
- Process and present the data collected in user-friendly formats (e.g. reports, maps and other information products), utilizing the latest data visualization and mapping technologies.
- Assist with the development of data collection methodologies, tools, and indicators to capture and evaluate protection issues and risks, including those related to human trafficking.
- Draft and update regular data reports, standard operating procedures, guidelines, policies, and capacity-building material to strengthen information management activities for the Protection team, as well as its work with other IOM teams and external stakeholders.
- Work in close collaboration with the MiMOSA Focal Point, IOM’s case management system and act as Focal Point to ensure the implementation of IOM’s data protection principles.
- Act as the team’s focal point for MiMOSA, IOM’s case management system and of the implementation of IOM’s data protection principles.
- Assist in the monitoring of different project activities, contribute to develop and maintain reporting tools relevant to the Protection projects.
- Undertake duty travel, as necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- School diploma with six years of relevant experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing quantitative data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Understanding of migration issues, and particularly assistance to vulnerable individuals who migrate or are displaced.
- Knowledge of protection-related subject areas, as dealt with by the Organization in Moldova.
- Understanding of data protection issues.
- Excellent knowledge of the use of statistical software such as SPSS or STATA.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, and proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and difficult conditions.
Fluency in English, Russian, Romanian is required (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.:
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, security clearances, and a valid COVID certification.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the Personal History form https://civic.md/userfiles/attachments/14191/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls and cover letter in English to: email@example.com
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message. Those candidates who have already applied in response to earlier advertisement will be automatically considered and do not need to apply again.
Closing date for applications is 30 November 2023.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the Personal History Forms duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.08.2023 to 30.11.2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Anunț de angajare: specialist/specialistă în resurse umane în cadrul CICDE
- Project HOPE is hiring a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning Officer
- Termen extins: Selectarea unui consultant pentru elaborarea regulamentelor, statutelor și instrucțiunilor administrative pentru Consiliile Locale de Tineret și ONG-uri din Cahul și Ungheni
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal gestiune procese, pe durată determinată
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de raportarea financiară
- Swedish Prison and Probation Service - Project Assistant (consulting services)
- National Human Rights Officer (2 posts) - OHCHR (nationals) - 16014
- Internews in Moldova is hiring Finance Specialist
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția de specialist superior, Secția evaluare riscuri și analiză, Fondul pentru antreprenoriat și creștere economică a Moldovei
- EBRD in Moldova - Analyst, Advice for Small Businesses Programme