The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Communications and Media Assistant, as part of a supportive and growing team, and at a time of reinvigorated UK-Moldovan relations.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
The Communications and Media Assistant will be responsible for:
- Supporting understanding of what is going on in Moldova, through effective media monitoring, engagement and analysis.
- Developing our social media channels and audiences by providing informative and creative content.
- Providing administrative support to the Communications and Media Manager, by assisting with organisation of events, managing everyday duties and making logistical arrangements.
- Drafting and publishing press releases and invitations to communicate the Embassy’s work on UK priority issues.
- Providing wider policy support to enhance our understanding of the current situation beyond the media’s coverage.
Roles and responsibilities:
Communications and Press
- Write a daily Moldovan media summary for Moldova-watchers in the UK government;
- Monitor and report on the media landscape;
- Identify ways to enhance the visibility of the British Embassy Chisinau in national media and society;
- Write project proposals for and run small-scale soft power and visibility activities to influence positive thinking and perceptions of the UK in Moldova;
- Evaluate the progress and visibility of projects funded by British Embassy.
- Communicate our work on UK priority issues by using different social media platforms;
- Produce, draft and publish content (press releases, statements, photos, video, infographics) on Embassy digital media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and website;
- Lead on planning of Embassy digital communications and social media;
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the Embassy’s social media activity.
Public Diplomacy and Political Affairs
- Support teams’ delivery of country plan objectives and the strengthening of the bilateral relationship;
- Work closely with colleagues to promote programmes and projects;
- Assist the political team with gathering of general information on requested topics, fact-checking and other ad-hoc support;
- Act as back-up in the absence of Political/Media colleagues;
- Provide oral/written translations from/into English/Romanian when requested;
- Support organisation of visits and events, particularly administrative and logistic arrangements (devise agendas, schedule meetings, book transportation etc); ensure coordination of the process with the Moldovan side etc.
There will be flexibility in the job description to support the Embassy’s influencing, analysis and reporting on a wider range of foreign and domestic political issues, while advising London on how best to protect and advance UK interests.
Application deadline: 22 September 2023
Grade: Administrative Officer (AO)
Type of Position: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week: 35
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Salary: 22,767 MDL gross monthly
To find out more and apply for this position click HERE
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Termen extins: Terre des hommes Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Comunicator(oare)/Jurnalist(ă) (part-time)
- Center Manager | LHI-MD Call
- Peace Corps: Small Grants Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Sales Representative (International Company)
- HelpAge International angajează Expert(ă) în domeniul violenței în bază de gen
- People in Need is hiring a MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation) Assistant
- Project Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Selectarea unui/unei consultante în scopul elaborării programului de educație parentală pentru părinții romi
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR Moldova