The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Embassy in Chisinau is recruiting a Political Affairs Intern, offering an opportunity to an enthusiastic candidate to develop administrative skills and gain policy/representational ones in a diplomatic mission. This is a varied and challenging role, covering both foreign and domestic policy, as part of a supportive and growing team, and at a time of reinvigorated UK-Moldovan relations.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Organisation of visits of UK Ministers and officials to Moldova. This includes initially supporting, then leading and coordinating, arrangements - including developing programmes, assembling and preparing briefing content and ensuring logistics. It requires excellent self-organisation and, at times, resilience as well as an ability to work fast under pressure. These visits are key to UK engagement and offer otherwise unavailable opportunities to take forward the delivery of our Embassy objectives.
- With supervision, contribute policy coverage by researching, briefing, engaging and reporting on a range of political and wider bilateral areas. In doing so, progressing cooperation under the UK-Moldovan Strategic Dialogue process, by leveraging responsible units in the Moldovan government and engaging UK departments, thereby strengthening Ministerial and official links. The successful applicant will develop a network of contacts in government, business and civil society to deliver on his/her portfolio.
- General administrative support, including monitoring of media, provision of translations and maintenance of administrative tracking tools, which monitor progress across team work.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Fluency at a C1/C2 level in English, Romanian and Russian (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages*).
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) qualification.
- Strong interest in international relations, public policy, foreign policy.
- High level of motivation and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic and hardworking approach, with ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative when required.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams).
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) qualification in political studies, international relations, or other related field of study.
- International relations or communications experience, would be desirable.
Application deadline: 20 September 2023
Type of Position: Full-time, Intern, Permanent
Working hours per week: 35
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Stipend / Allowance: 13,915 MDL
Start Date: 1 November 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Anunț de angajare, Camera de Comerț și Industrie a Republicii Moldova!
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de monitorizarea riscurilor și raportare
- NDI is seeking to recruit Program Assistants (Two Positions Available)
- NRC Moldova is looking for a Partnership Coordinator
- Senior Program Associate (Protection/Information Management (IM)/Reporting)
- Coaliția Est-Europeană pentru Egalitatea LGBT+ deschide un concurs pentru postul de Manager Financiar
- Solidarity Fund PL în Moldova angajează Specialist/ă Comunicare și PR_Termen extins
- Peace Corps: Training Assistant
- Head of Secretariat
- Administrative Assistant