Lumos is an international non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded by J.K. Rowling to end the institutionalisation of children by 2050. Our vision is a world in which all children could grow up and thrive in a safe and caring family or, where there is no alternative, in specialist placements that meet all their needs, respect their rights, and ensure they can fulfil their potential.
Lumos has been active in the Republic of Moldova since 2006 and established its office in 2008. Moldova has become one of Lumos’ leading European demonstration countries, successfully supporting the Moldovan government in implementing childcare reform, deinstitutionalisation (DI) and strengthening the government’s systems of health, education, and social protection for children.
Recent results demonstrate the significance of childcare reform reforms in Moldova, with the number of children in institutions reducing by over 80%. Lumos, and other partners, have been instrumental in supporting the government in replacing institutions with community-based protection, social and educational services. Currently, Lumos Moldova provides support and shares its experiences and results with other countries in the region and beyond to help inspire similar change.
However, there are several children who remain in institutions and many of these children are under the age of three with severe and complex disabilities, including sensory impairments. At present community-based services still need to be developed, particularly services for children with complex and severe disabilities, and there remains a lack of early intervention and leaving care services.
Lumos will continue to support the implementation of childcare reform in the Republic of Moldova. For this goal, Lumos is now seeking to hire a Country Director to lead the Moldova country office whilst ensuring that the management and quality of the programme remains at a high standard.
Job Title: Country Director, Moldova
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full-Time
Reports to: Deputy Director of Programmes
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Romanian and English.
- Experience in reforming health, education care and social services for children including prevention of separation of children, family strengthening and childcare system reforms
- Experience in advocating successfully for policy change at the governmental level
- A wide-ranging knowledge of the principles and practices of child protection and quality care of vulnerable children
- Solid experience in managing a team(s) and/or a leadership role in an international setting
A career with Lumos offers so much more on top of earnings potential. In addition to our fulfilling mission, we are proud to offer fantastic benefits, an inclusive culture, and a commitment to your development.
Some of what we offer include:
- In-house training initiative and employer funded professional accreditation for relevant positions.
- 2x Life Assurance in Euros.
- And so much more!
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your motivation to email@example.com.
This role will close at 12:00 (UTC+00:00) on 14th September 2023.
We would love to answer any questions you might have so please get in touch!
Safer Recruitment Statement
Lumos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.
Lumos Foundation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Join us in rewriting the future for Moldova's most vulnerable. Apply now!
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de consilier/ă juridic/ă, Direcția avizare juridică și contencios
- UNFPA Communication Manager Youth Programmes, Chisinau, Moldova (Service Contract, SB4.3)
- UNWFP Moldova: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant SC5 (2 roles) based in Chisinau
- Logistics Officer Moldova
- Caritas Moldova is hiring Communications Officer
- Call for expression of interest: Assistant (male or female) of the EU High Level Adviser on Financial Services
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project - 13507
- IREX Moldova/Comunitatea Mea program vacancy - Procurement and Grants Officer (extended deadline)
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- Termen extins pentru selectarea unui expert sau a unei companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici