USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA)
Scope of Work
Position: Institutional Strengthening Specialist
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: One year renewable
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Nathan Associates Inc. MISRA’s objective is to stimulate a sustainable and inclusive recovery from the regional crisis, improve the institutional, business, and trade enabling environment in Moldova by supporting Moldova’s public institutions and the private sector to accelerate the implementation of trade liberalization mechanisms, adopt structural and investment climate reforms, accelerate financial sector reforms, improve economic governance in the public sector, and enhance strategic communications between the private and public actors. MISRA builds on prior and ongoing USAID and US Government activities in the business enabling environment and trade facilitation space to strengthen Moldova’s economic growth and resilience, and by doing so, increase transparency and accountability.
MISRA’s Component 1 activities strengthen public economic governance institutions for resilience and accountability through streamlined processes, legal and regulatory reforms, improved public services, and digitalization.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Institutional Strengthening Specialist will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Provide inputs on assessments conducted by MISRA with public, economic governance institutions.
- Coordinate program activities routinely with selected government institutions and other stakeholders.
- Evaluate subcontractor proposals and oversee subcontract technical implementation.
- Support the development of statements of work, specifications, memoranda, and other program documentation.
- Contribute to weekly, quarterly, and annual reporting on program activities.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of program results.
- Contribute to the identification, recruitment, and management of short-term experts.
- Support the design, solicitation, award, and monitoring of grant awards.
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with this scope of work.
The Institutional Strengthening Specialist will report to the Component 1 Team Lead.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public administration, law, information technology, or a related field at a minimum.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Experience reviewing software and procurement documentation, and working with information systems preferred.
- Organizational skills and communications capacities required.
- Capacity to work collaboratively in a multicultural work environment required.
- Written and verbal skills in English and Romanian preferred (we work in an English-speaking environment, and we will support candidates who are ready to learn to work better in English.)
How to Apply
We welcome your CV and cover letter at Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com. Please apply by September 4, 2023, with “Institutional Strengthening Specialist” in the subject line. This position will remain open until filled.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Administrative Assistant
- Termen extins pentru selectarea unui expert sau a unei companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă al/a direcției administrare patrimoniu
- Action against Hunger is hiring an Accountant Book keeper
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unui expert (e) pentru dezvoltarea și coordonarea unui plan de sustenabilitate pentru serviciile medicale de îngrijire la domiciliu
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un expert/ o expertă sau o agenție pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- United Nations World Food Programme - Moldova: Business Support Associate SC6 (Assistant to the Country Director).
- Project Assistant, Case Management
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Social Protection Manager
- Programme Assistant, Branch Development and Volunteer Management for International Federation of the Red Cross