Finance and Administrative Coordinator contributes to an effective and efficient implementation of objectives of the Youth Participation Programme as part of the Adolescents and Youth Portfolio through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of activities. The incumbent will ensure the provision of financial and administrative services of the highest quality and standards to the programme team, UNFPA Country Office, as well as national counterparts and internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures.
The Youth Participation Programme is one of several programmes of the Adolescents and Youth Portfolio and contributes to achieving the Output 3 of the UNFPA Country Programme 2023 – 2027: Strengthened national capacity and policy in the youth and education sectors to empower adolescent girls and youth through life-skills development and participatory civic engagement for advancing human rights, bodily autonomy, and gender equality.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s Strategic Plan for 2022-2025, focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing its fourth Country Programme for 2023-2027, which is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2023 – 2027 for the Republic of Moldova.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire, and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Finance and Administrative Coordinator ensures the provision of financial and administrative services of the highest quality and standards and contributes to an effective and efficient implementation of the activities of Youth Participation Programme.
Finance and Administrative Coordinator works in close collaboration with the Programme team as well as the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNFPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Finance and Administrative Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager on Youth Participation and under secondary supervision of UNFPA Operations Manager.
You would be responsible for:
A. Ensure efficient administrative management:
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day programme implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and programme work-plans.
- Conduct recruitment of national and international consultants, issue Individual Consultant Contracts and maintain records on all programme personnel and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedure.
- Coordinate short-term consultants and provide support to national and international consultants and counterparts in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of programme results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc.).
- Issue Travel Authorizations and F10 Forms (travel claim) and process travel in line with internal policies and procedures.
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities.
- Assume overall responsibility for the coordination of administrative matters.
B. Ensure efficient financial management:
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved programme budgets and their revisions.
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions and ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Prepare and submit programme expenditure and budget status reports as well as donor financial reports and financial statements.
- Maintain accurate financial reporting in both UNFPA and donor standard templates.
- Prepare other recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget/financial preparations, evaluation and verification missions and audit.
- Respond to queries from the UNFPA and donors supporting the programme, liaise with UNFPA-appointed and external auditors wherever required.
- Process payments and ensure proper payee information, accurate COA and approved amount and liaise with UNDP to ensure timely processing in the system as required.
- Advise and assist international and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services.
- Contribute to the development of the annual assurance plan, take part in conducting spot checks of Implementing Partners jointly with programme colleagues and participate in HACT-related meetings and discussions on a regular basis.
- Advise Programme Managers on status of cash advances to Implementing Partners and ensuring recording of expenditures in full compliance with the UNFPA rules and procedures.
- Perform assigned ERP role in line with Internal Control Framework.
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks as required.
C. Ensure effective procurement:
- Develop programme procurement plan and provide inputs for the online procurement plan.
- In accordance with the Work Plan and approved Procurement Plan, coordinate, contribute to and conduct procurement of goods and services.
- Liaise with the Supply Chain Management Unit, RO, HQ and other relevant offices on procurement-related issues.
- Ensure supplier registration and maintenance.
- Arrange for assets maintenance and insurance as required.
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNFPA procedures.
- Coordinate and ensure shipment and custom clearance for programme equipment and supplies, transportation services and insurance, procurement of supplies.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
University degree in economics, finance, accounting, public administration, and/or other related areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least seven years of complex experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required.
- At least five years of previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is compulsory.
- Previous experience with UN/UNFPA is a very strong advantage.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Knowledge of corporate ERP system is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language is an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Managing the organization’s financial resources,
- Providing procurement services,
- Ensuring facilities and assets management,
- Providing logistical support,
- Managing data,
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports,
- Managing information and work flow,
- Planning, organizing and multitasking,
- Supporting financial data analysis.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic, or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 26 April 2023, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Recruitment Internship (remunerated)
- Short-Term Expert within Tender no. 83450721 - Assessment of project’s implementation mechanisms compliance with GIZ’s rules and processes, BMZ, EU and SDC requirements and OECD/DAC criteria
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- UNFPA Programme Associate, G6 (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova (2 positions)
- Catholic Relief Services Ukraine Finance Consultant
- Gender and Inclusion Analyst (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de contabil coordonator, responsabil de operațiuni monetar-valutare
- Coaliția Est-Europeană pentru Egalitatea LGBT+ deschide un concurs pentru postul de Manager pe Social Media
- Asociația Obștească „The Moldova Project” (TMP) - concurs de angajare pentru funcția de specialist atragere de fonduri (fundraiser)
- Anunț de angajare pentru funcția de contabil/contabilă, pe perioadă determinată, în cadrul Centrului de Instruire Continuă în Domeniul Electoral